|Known for||Couscous and Cola|
|Awards||Dutch Academy Award Golden Calf for Best Actress|
Nevejan performed in theater for 10 years and has been working as a director in the media since 1997. She studied acting at Stella Adler in New York City and with the Peter Brook company in Rome, Italy in the ‘80s. She graduated from the Amsterdamse Toneelschool & Kleinkunstacademie in Amsterdam, Netherlands in 1987.
Nevejan acted for Art & Pro for Frans Strijards (Handke, Strijards, Chekhov), and performed in several other theater groups and tv productions. She formed her own group “De Akteurs” from 1991–1997, and switched to documentary filmmaking in 1997. She has worked for KRO, BRT, BNN, Al Jazeera and Human.
- As filmmaker
- 14 and one stations, (15 episodes 1999-2000), KRO, BRT, Finland
- Come with me in the Void, (2001) (30 min BRT, KRO
- Esperanza Divina, (2001) (90 min video)
- Just the way it is supposed to be (2002) (30 min. AIDS-Congress Barcelona)
- Virtual Fatherlands, (2003) (50 min. documentary), Viewpoint Fiction Value, Festival, show, short film
- Couscous and Cola to America, (8 episodes, 2004)
- Double portrait (2004) (BNN, short documentary)
- Youngsters and the news, (2006) (FunX and BNN)
- Couscous and Cola to Africa, (9 episodes, 2007) (BNN)
- Couscous Global website, (265 minimovies, 2008)
- Theo van Gogh? Die is dood, (59 minutes, Collumn/HUMAN, 2009)
- The other Sudan, (2009) (Museumpiece Leiden)
- Sophie and Saar, (2009) (15 minutes, IDFA)
- De Prik en Het Meisje (2011) ( 58 minutes, HUMAN/IDTV); also known as "Once upon a vaccination"; official selection Nederlands Film Festival 2011
- De Inboorling:(2011, Viewpoint/Leesmij)
- Het Nationale Canta Ballet:(2012, Viewpoint/NTR)
- As actress
- Ornithopter (1985)
- Broos (1997)
- 12 steden, 13 ongelukken (1 episode, 1991) (TV)
- De weg naar school (1 episode, 1993) (TV)
When Couscous & Cola received the 2005 'Silver Zebra' Media Award, the jury announced "Hele spannende televisie. Prachtige verhalen. Soms schrijnend. Zet de doelgroep aan het denken. Een moderne roadmovie. Flitsende beelden, snelle montages." (Very exciting television. Beautiful stories. Sometimes poignant. Put the audience thinking. A modern road movie. Flashing images, rapid montages.)
Awards and nominations
- 1997, Dutch Academy Award Golden Calf for Best Actress at the Netherlands Film Festival for Broos
- 2001, 14 stations, ecce homo was nominated 'Best Film' at the Trento Film Festival
- 2005, Zilveren Zebra (Silver Zebra), Dutch Media Award for Couscous & Cola
- 2005 Nominated for a Golden Rose at the Rose d'Or Competition in the category ’Social Awareness Award’ for Couscous & Cola
- 2008, Nominated for an Emmy Award for Couscous & Cola part2: Africa
- "Couscous & Cola". Aljazeera. english.aljazeera.net. May 6, 2007. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Couscous&Cola en FunX Chill winnaars van Zilveren Zebra en Zilveren Pluim". Art1 (in Dutch). art1.nl. November 28, 2005. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Ontslagen journalist beroemd door YouTube-filmpje". De Telegraaf (in Dutch). De Telegraaf. November 11, 2008. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Tv-zenders staan stil bij dood Theo van Gogh". De Gelderlander (in Dutch). gelderlander.nl. October 27, 2009. Retrieved 12 July 2010.