Map of Sarangani with Maasim highlighted
|Region||SOCCSKSARGEN (Region XII)|
|• Mayor||Aniceto P. Lopez Jr.|
|• Total||500.43 km2 (193.22 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||120/km2 (310/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)83|
|Income class||1st municipal income class|
|Electorate||31,578 voters as of 2016|
Among the wilds in its rainforest and mountainous areas lives the Philippine tarsier.
- Poblacion (Maasim)
- Seven Hills
|Population census of Maasim|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
The majority of the population are Moro and Lumad origin. One of the indigenous peoples living in mountainous areas of Maasim is known as Bla'an.
The economy of Maasim is largely based on agriculture with a high level production of copra (dried coconut meat). Animal husbandry is the second biggest income earner, notably cattle farming. Other agricultural products are coconuts, maize, sugarcane, bananas, pineapples, mangoes, eggs, beef; fish.
The economy has accelerated in the past decade driven by advances in global communication technology and the finishing of a modern highway that tremendously improved trade and transport.
Kamanga Power Plant
KPP announced on June 3, 2008, that Alcantara-controlled Conal Holdings Co. will build in mid-2009 the $450 million 200-megawatt clean coal Kamanga Power Plant, in Maasim, Saranggani. The plant will supply part of Mindanao's baseload power requirements when it is operational in 2012.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Province: SARANGANI". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007): Total Population by Province, City and Municipality (Report). NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- gmanews.tv/story, 200-MW coal power plant to rise in Saranggani
- Maasim Municipal Profile at the Province of Sarangani Official Website
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||T'Boli, South Cotabato||General Santos|
|Kiamba||Sarangani Bay / Glan|