Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Saibal Banerjee|
|Produced by||Magic Moments Motion Pictures|
|Music by||Debajyoti Mishra|
|Edited by||Subhajit Singha|
Meghla (Paoli Dam) finds out her grandmother had been killed in her ancestral home in East Pakistan by a trusted retainer of the family. Many years after the tragedy, Meghla goes back to Kutubdia to trace her roots and faces the murderer's family who now occupy her house.
'Maati' traces Meghla's trials with truth and humanity, while tackling issues of migration, human displacement and relationships.
- Adil Hussain as Jamil
- Paoli Dam as Meghla Chowdhury
- Sabitri Chatterjee as Amina – Jamil's Maa (mother).
- Shankar Chakroborty as Meghla's father
- Laboni Sarkar as Meghla's mother
- Chandan Sen as Satyabrata Chowdhury – Meghla's grandfather.
- Aparajita Adhya as Kumudini devi – Meghla's grandmother.
- Monami Ghosh as Jiniya
- Anusuya Majumdar as Jiniya's grandmother "Dadi"
- Rishi Koushik as Angshu – Meghla's boyfriend.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Bangla|
The music and the background score is by Debojyoti Mishra. The film comprises 7 tracks and the lyrics are written by Debojyoti Mishra, Anirban Mukhpadhyay, Rabindranath Tagore and Hason Raja. The album rights of the film were acquired by Zee Music Bangla.
|1.||"Piriti Baindheche Holdi"||Debojyoti Mishra||Debojyoti Mishra||Rageshri Das||3:00|
|2.||"Mehendi Song (Haat Duhani)"||Debojyoti Mishra||Debojyoti Mishra||Trisha Parui, Titas Bhattacharyya, Debarati Sarkar, Sneha Bandyopadhyay, Ayantika Koley, Mouli Bhattacharya and Hrittika Sarkar||3:01|
|3.||"Monasha Bhasan Song (Lokhai)"||Debojyoti Mishra||Debojyoti Mishra||Titas Bhattacharyya, Debarati Sarkar, Sneha Bandyopadhyay, Ayantika Koley, Mouli Bhattacharya and Hrittika Sarkar||2:42|
|4.||"Nojor Nojor"||Debojyoti Mishra, Anirban Mukhpadhyay||Debojyoti Mishra||Rageshri Das, Titas Bhattacharyya, Debarati Sarkar, Sneha Bandyopadhyay, Ayantika Koley, Hrittika Sarkar and Mouli Bhattacharya||3:22|
|5.||"Probhat Feri Song"||Debojyoti Mishra, Anirban Mukhpadhyay||Debojyoti Mishra||Subhankar Panda, Rudraneel Chowdhury, Arnab Basu, Arindam Sahana, Titas Bhattacharyya, Debarati Sarkar, Sneha Bandyopadhyay, Ayantika Koley, Mouli Bhattacharya, Hrittika Sarkar, Sudipta Pradhan and Sayan Bhattacharya||2:58|
|6.||"O Aamar Desher Maati"||Rabindranath Tagore||Rabindranath Tagore||Choir Of Sraboni Sen Academy||4:02|
|7.||"Nisha Lagilo Re"||Hason Raja||Hason Raja||Shantanu Ghosh and Choir||3:18|
- "Maati is about a woman's quest for her roots – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "'Maati' directors Leena Gangopadhyay and Saibal Banerjee reveal their dream project! - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "The script of Maati moved me: Adil Hussain – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- Bangaliana, Sholoana. "Paoli Dam to Act Opposite Adil Hussain in Bengali Film Mati | Sholoanabangaliana Portal". sholoanabangaliana.in. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Bollywood actor Adil Hussain's Maati is about TWO: nation, religion and people". enewsroom. 18 June 2018. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "KOLKATA Edition – sangbadnazar Patrika epaper – sangbadnazar online epaper, kolkata edition". sangbadnazar.com. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Debojyoti Mishra's composition explores folk tradition in new song 'Lokhai'- Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "'Maati' new song: 'Piriti Baindheche Holdi' is a perfect haldi song for this wedding season- Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 July 2018.