|Maayka - Saath Zindagi Bhar Ka|
Intertitle of Maayka
|Created by||(1-93): Klassic Productions
(94): Flashback Films
(95-onwards): Creative Eye Limited
|Written by||Mrinal Jha & Brij Mohan|
|Directed by||Ashwin Verma, Romesh Kalra & Niranjan Malhotra|
|Opening theme||"Maayka" by Khushboo Jain|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||585|
|Running time||approx. 22 minutes|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV),|
|Original release||29 January 2007 – 14 August 2009|
Maayka - Saath Zindagi Bhar Ka is an Indian television series that was aired on Zee TV from 15 January 2007 until 14 August 2009. The show became popular. The series has re-aired on channel Zee Anmol from 2013 to 2015. The series was originally produced by Anjana Sood's production house, Klassic Productions, but was taken over by Dheeraj Kumar's, Creative Eye Limited due to high overhead costs s and delays. Once taken over, Creative Eye replaced almost the entire cast of Maayka by ending their scene with a bomb explosion; the cast members filed a case against the channel with Cine and TV Artistes Association (CINTAA) for blacklisting them.
The story concerns the Malhorta family's three daughters— Raji, Soni and Mahi and their younger brother, Prince. Initially, the show focuses on the eldest daughter, Raji, who marries Veer, a police officer, and tries hard to adjust to the lifestyle of his family.
Initially Mahi loves Jeet and, due to various misunderstandings, everyone thinks that Jeet loves her sister Soni. It is later confirmed that Jeet actually does love Soni though he confuses the two sisters with each other. Mahi is so heartbroken that she tries to commit suicide.
Later, Durga calls Mr. Sareen (her sister's husband) to create a tough time for the Malhotra family. Mahi becomes a model and Sareen's son, Shabad falls in love with her. In order to save her family from Mr. Sareen , Mahi marries Shabad. Then a bomb explodes at the Malhotras' house, killing Raji and most of her family. The only survivors are the two younger daughters, Soni and Mahi.
After their "maayka" (parental home) is destroyed the girls struggle for survival. Shabad Sareen married Mahi thinking that she was a professional model. When on his honeymoon he finds out otherwise, he thinks of his marriage as a cheat, and begins to hate his new wife. Soni, through a twist of fate, marries her sister's former husband Veer, even though she and Jeet (Veer's younger brother) are in love. Then Shabad's Tau Ji and Tai Ji arrive and they play an important role in making Mahi and Shabad repair their marriage. Meanwhile Mahi finds out the true reason behind Shabad's sister Kamya's crazy behaviour. It turns out that Kamya's father burned her mother alive in front of Kamya because her mother supported a love affair of Kamya's that Mr. Sareen opposed. Mahi exposes Mr. Sareen and then after learning the horrible truth Shabad goes into depression and must be cared for by Mahi.
Shabad realises Mahi's virtue since she cared for him despite his mistreatment of her. Jeet gets married to Cherry since he thinks Soni betrayed him. Initially Cherry is soft heartened and good towards Soni and when she comes to know about Soni and Jeet her nature changes and she becomes progressively more evil and plots against Soni.
Cherry's plot to kill Soni instead results in Veer's death when he rescues her from some Goons . Soni is left a pregnant widow. Later, Jeet and Soni marry, though Soni miscarries her child. Mohini (Soni and Mahi's mother) is found alive and she goes to live with Mahi at her in-laws house.
Misunderstandings and blame arise between the two sisters when Mohini leaves Mahi's home without telling anyone. Mahi gives birth to two daughters, giving one baby to Soni as Soni cannot conceive. But after some time she asks for her daughter back as Shabad and his family thought that they have given their Lakshmi to Khuranas. Khuranas has encountered big success in business and a priest told them that this is due to Mahi's daughter 'ipshika' whom Jeet and Soni have adopted as she is a Lakshmi and lucky for the family. Shabad, on the other hand, suffers major business losses. Misunderstandings arise between the two sisters as Shabad and Mahi both want their daughter back resorting even to an attempt to take Ipshika and run away.
- Neha Bamb as Mahi Sareen
- Vivan Bhatena as Shabd Sareen
- Aarti Singh / Shilpa Shinde / Kanchi Kaul as Soni Khurana
- Urmila Kanitkar as Raji Khurana
- Vikrant Rai / Romit Raj as Jeet Khurana
- Vineet Raina as Veer Khurana
- Sudheer Pandey as Brij Malhotra
- Nandita Puri as Mohini Malhotra
- Nandita Puri & Zarina Wahab as Mohini Malhotra
- Mohini Sharma as Naani Maasi
- Amrapali Dubey as Tina
- Pankaj Berry / Naresh Suri as Mr. Khurana
- Neelima Panjrekar / Aruna Irani / Shoma Anand as Durga Khurana
- Juhi Singh as Veena Khurana
- Karuna Verma as Jyoti Khurana
- Gurpreet Singh as Parmeet
- Upasana Singh as Lovely
- Damini Anand as Charanjeet (Cherry) Khurana
- Pawan Chopra as Yashwant Sareen
- Nisha Sareen as Kamya Sareen
- Susheel Parashara as Taayaa Ji
- Jayati Bhatia as Billo Taaee Ji
- Parmeet Sethi as Prem
- Jasveer Kaur as Suhani
- Shreya Bisht as Sapna
- Raju Kher as Harry Mama
- Indraneil Sengupta as Angad
- Kunal Karan Kapoor as Sukhi
- Arun Bali as Daarji
- Micckie Dudaaney as Aditya Dhanraj
- Karan Khanna as Akhil (Shabd's friend from London)
- Savita Bajaj as Bhua
- Anil Lalwani as Sandy
- Janvi Chheda as Simran
- "New mantra: Low TRP's, change Production house". TelevisionPoint.com. 2007-07-12.
- "'Maayka' mayhem continues". DNA India. 2007-06-26.
- "Neha Bamb". IMDb.com. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Vivan Bhatena". IMDb.com. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Aruna Irani". IMDb.com. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Shoma Anand". IMDb.com. Retrieved 21 November 2016.