|Edmonton LRT station|
|Owned by||City of Edmonton|
|Opened||September 6, 2015|
|Electrified||600 V DC|
MacEwan station is a Edmonton Light Rail Transit station in Edmonton, Alberta. It serves the Metro Line. It is located across from MacEwan University on 105 Avenue between 103 and 104 Street. The station opened on September 6, 2015.
It was announced on August 31, 2009, that the Katz Group had bought the land adjacent to the site for the MacEwan Station, with the intention to build Rogers Place, a new NHL arena. That development became known as the Ice District.
Around the station
- Bell Tower
- Boyle Street Education Centre
- Central McDougall
- CN Tower
- Epcor Tower
- MacEwan University City Centre Campus
- Rogers Place
- Ramsay, Caley (September 6, 2015). "After lengthy delay, Metro Line LRT opens to riders". Global News Edmonton. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "SD160 Light Rail Vehicle" (PDF). Siemens Transportation Systems, Inc. May 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 26, 2010. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- "2015 LRT Passenger Count Report" (PDF). Edmonton Transit System. April 2016. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- "Metro Line Delay FAQ" (PDF). City of Edmonton. October 8, 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-10-13. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- Downtown arena has big potential[dead link]