Aerial view of MacEwan Glen and Sandstone Valley in winter
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Sean Chu|
|Elevation||1,150 m (3,770 ft)|
|• Average Income||$74,045|
|Website||MacEwan Community Association|
MacEwan Glen (commonly known as MacEwan) is a suburban neighbourhood in northwest Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The primarily low-density residential community is located directly north of Nose Hill Park and is bounded by Country Hills Boulevard to the north, 14 Street W to the east, Shaganappi Trail to the west, and Nose Hill to the south.
Development of the community began in 1982, and was recently completed. It was named for John Walter Grant MacEwan, Calgary mayor and Lieutenant Governor of Alberta. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 4 councillor.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $74,045 in 2000, and there were 9.7% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 20.5% of the residents were immigrants. 9.1% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Monsignor N. Anderson Elementary (Catholic) and Simons Valley Elementary public school.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Macewan Glen Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-14.[dead link]
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 4 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-14.
- Sandstone-MacEwan Community News
- Sandstone-MacEwan Community Association
- Calgary Area - Sandstone/MacEwan Community Info
|Edgemont||Nose Hill Park||Beddington Heights|