MacFamilyTree running under Mac OS X
|Initial release||August 10, 1998|
|Stable release||8.0.3 / April 18, 2016|
|Operating system||Mac OS X (10.10 Yosemite), iOS|
|Available in||English, German, Danish, French, Chinese, Finnish, Norwegian, Italian, Dutch, Czech, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Hungarian|
MacFamilyTree is a commercial genealogy program for Mac OS X which helps users build their family tree, adding data about family members, including pictures and sound clips. The program allows the user to add sources for the information, with the ability of including scanned documents. It uses the Core Data API to store information internally but can import and export to the genealogy standard GEDCOM format. The program can also create a set of web pages for family members, and optionally upload them to their website, or to iDisk, to share with others.
MacFamilyTree also creates various types of diagrams, from the classic descendant chart to timelines and a virtual globe showing the locations of key events in the lives of family members. Reports can also be created for individual people, or families. A mobile companion to it, MobileFamilyTree Pro is also available for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch users, and allows users to view and edit their family tree and synchronize it with MacFamilyTree.
- Version 1 - The beginning, MacFamilyTree
- "Version History - MacFamilyTree". Synium. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Clow, Marshall (2011-08-30). "Review: MacFamilyTree 6 - Robust program to track your family history". Electronista. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- "Download MacFamilyTree for Mac - Genealogy application". MacUpdate.com. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- "MacFamilyTree Review". MacNN. 2008-04-07. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- "MacFamilyTree". Synium Software. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "MacFamily Tree 5 Review". MacWorld. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "MacFamily Tree 5". MyMac. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "MacFamilyTree – Alzeimers Cure?". MacApper. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "MobileFamilyTree Pro: Full-featured genealogy on iOS". Synium Software. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- "MobileFamilyTree: Genealogy for iPhone". TUAW. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
|This Mac OS and/or OS X software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|