MacGregor State High School
|MacGregor State High School|
|Type||Independent public, co-educational, secondary, day school|
|Motto||The Best We Can Be|
|Colour(s)||Red, white and green|
MacGregor State High School (MSHS) is an independent public, co-educational, state secondary school, located in MacGregor, a southeastern suburb of Brisbane, Queensland Australia. The current principal is Liz Foster and there are currently around 1,400 students who are enrolled in the school.
As with most Australian schools, MacGregor State High utilises a house system, of which is referred to as a 'clan system'. There are currently four clans - Alpin (Blue), Duncan (Yellow), Gregor (Green) and Rob Roy (Red).
In recent years, the school has won awards in a variety of fields. There were the Education Minister's Awards for Excellence in Art (2004, 2006), the BHP Billiton Science Award (Physics, Engineering & Technology) (2001) and the Queensland Youth Music Awards (2006).
MacGregor have competed in Maths Team challenge every year placing 2nd in the 2007 Junior and Senior division. MacGregor State High School also competes in local academic competitions such as the Physics Olympiad and Big Science Challenge.
- Daniel Amalm - Guitarist and actor
- Pierre Boda - Winter Olympian & Speed Skater
- Sarah Fitz-Gerald - Professional squash player
- Gary Hardgrave - Politician: former MP for Moreton & Administrator of Norfolk Island; member of the Liberal Party of Australia
- Jeff Horn - Professional boxer
- Jung Ryeo-won - Korean-Australian singer and actress
- Sophie Monk - Singer, actress, and model.
- Bronwyn Thompson - Long jumper
- Greg Creed - CEO of YUM! Brands
- "List of Queensland Independent Public Schools 2013-14-15". Archived from the original on 7 March 2014. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "DISCIPLINE Audit - Executive Summary - MACGREGOR SHS" (PDF). 4 April 2014. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "The Queensland Youth Music Awards: 2006 Winners". Archived from the original on 20 April 2013. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- http://infoweb.newsbank.com/resources/openurl?ctx_ver=z39.88-2004&rft_dat=news%2F12A2A6FCA1431F18&rft_id=info%3Asid%2Finfoweb.newsbank.com&rft_val_format=info%3Aofi%2Ffmt%3Akev%3Amtx%3Actx&svc_dat=AWNB&req_dat=0DE139303425AB6AGeoff Shearer; Erin McWhirter (19 August 2009). "Daniel's back on the radar". The Courier-Mail (1 - First with the news ed.). Brisbane, Australia. p. 044. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Sarah Fitz-Gerald". LinkedIn. Retrieved 21 January 2018.[dead link]
- Fynes-Clinton, Jane (8 March 2003). "Children of the revolution - Smell of the greasepaint". The Courier-Mail (1 - First with the news ed.). Brisbane, Australia. pp. –11. Retrieved 1 October 2015.