|Born||Castro Valley, California, United States|
|Alma mater||Pomona College|
Extra Yarn, a picture book illustrated by Jon Klassen, won the 2012 Boston Globe–Horn Book Award and 2013 E.B. White Read Aloud Award. It was a Caldecott Medal Honor Book. Sam & Dave Dig a Hole, illustrated by Jon Klassen, won a Caldecott Honor and the 2015 E.B. White Read Aloud Award.
- The Case of the Case Mistaken Identity, illustrated by Adam Rex (Oct 6, 2009)
- The Ghostwriter Secret, illus. Adam Rex (Oct 5, 2010)
- It Happened on a Train, illus. Adam Rex (Oct 4, 2011)
- Danger Goes Berserk, illus. Matthew Myers (Oct 2, 2013)
- The Terrible Two - By Mac Barnett and Jory John, with illustrations by Kevin Cornell (Amulet Books)
- The Terrible Two (January 2015)
- The Terrible Two Get Worse (January 2016)
- The Terrible Two Go Wild (January 2018)
- The Terrible Two's Last Laugh (January 2019)
- Mac Barnett Kid Spy - By Mac Barnett , with illustrations by Mike Lowery
- Mac Barnett Kid Spy Mac Undercover (September 2018)
- Mac Barnett The Impossible Crime (December 2018)
- Mac Barnett and The Top Secret Smackdown (March 2019)
- Mac B. Kid spy: Mac crack the code (December 2019)
- Mac B. Kid spy: The sound of danger (September 2020)
- Mac B. Kid spy: Mac saves the world (May 2021)
- Billy Twitters and His Blue Whale Problem, illustrated by Adam Rex (Hyperion Books, June 23, 2009)
- Guess Again!, illustrated by Adam Rex (Simon & Schuster, September 15, 2009)
- The Clock without a Face: a Gus Twintig mystery (McSweeney's, April 27, 2010) – "by Scott Teplin, Mac Barnett & Eli Horowitz; plus faces by Adam Rex & numbers by Anna Sheffield" OCLC 460054415, board book LCCN 2011-282077
- Oh No! (Or How My Science Project Destroyed the World), illustrated by Dan Santat (Hyperion, June 1, 2010)
- Mustache!, illustrated by Kevin Cornell (Hyperion, October 25, 2011)
- Extra Yarn, illustrated by Jon Klassen (Balzer + Bray, January 17, 2012)
- Chloe and the Lion, illustrated by Adam Rex (Hyperion, April 3, 2012)
- Oh No, Not Again! (Or How I Built a Time Machine to Save History) (Or at Least My History Grade), illustrated by Dan Santat (Hyperion, June 5, 2012)
- Count the Monkeys, illustrated by Kevin Cornell, (Hyperion, June 24, 2012)
- Battle Bunny (S&S, 2013) – "by Jon Scieszka and Mac Barnett and Alex; pictures by Matthew Myers but mostly Alex." OCLC 804490869, LCCN 2012-25515
- President Taft is Stuck in the Bath, illustrated by Chris Van Dusen (Candlewick Press, 2014) LCCN 2013-943103
- Sam and Dave Dig a Hole, illustrated by Jon Klassen (Candlewick Press, Oct 2014) LCCN 2013-955959
- Telephone, illustrated by Jen Corace (Chronicle Books, September 2014) LCCN 2013-40706
- Rules of the House, illustrated by Matthew Myers (Hyperion, Apr 2015) LCCN 2014-15780
- The Skunk, illustrated by Patrick McDonnell (Roaring Book Press, Apr 2015)
- Leo: A Ghost Story, illustrated by Christian Robinson
- How This Book Was Made, illustrated by Adam Rex (Disney-Hyperion, Sep 2016)
- The Magic Word, illustrated by Elise Parsley
- Noisy Night, illustrated by Brian Biggs
- Triangle, illustrated by Jon Klassen
- Square, illustrated by Jon Klassen
- Circle, illustrated by Jon Klassen
- Places to Be, illustrated by Renata Liwska
- I Love You Like a Pig, illustrated by Greg Pizzoli
- The Wolf, the Duck, and the Mouse, illustrated by Jon Klassen
- "Best of Friends", Funny Business (Guys Read, 1), ed. Jon Scieszka (NY: Walden Pond Press, 2010) OCLC 758985737
- 2015 Winner, The E.B. White Read Aloud Award
- 2015 Honor, Caldecott Medal
- 2015 Winner, Irma Black Award
- 2013 Winner, E.B. White Read-Aloud Award
- 2013 Honor, Caldecott Medal
- 2020 Winner, Picture Book Category of the German Youth Literature Awards for the 2020 one-volume German edition of his trilogy "Triangle", "Square", and "Circle"
- "The quirky lives of childrens' book writers – Part 1". Ratna Kamath. Bookshelf. October 12, 2011. Pomona College. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- Mac Barnett (macbarnett.com): About; Brixton Brothers. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- admin (1999-11-30). "Caldecott Medal & Honor Books, 1938-Present". Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC). Retrieved 2017-12-30.
- "Past Winners (Irma Black Award)". www.bankstreet.edu. Bank Street College of Education. Retrieved May 8, 2016.
- "Die Sieger des Deutschen Jugendliteraturpreises 2020". jugendliteratur.org. Arbeitskreis für Jugendliteratur. Retrieved October 16, 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mac Barnett.|