Macarthur Adventist College
|Macarthur Adventist College|
|Sydney, New South Wales
|Slogan||Nurture for today. Learning for tomorrow. Character for eternity|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Macarthur Adventist College is a PK-12 Christian school situated in the Sydney suburb of Macquarie Fields, Australia. It is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist education system, the world's second largest Christian school system. 
The school is situated at 12 Victoria Rd, Macquarie Fields, a suburb in South-Western Sydney. The school is only a short walk from both Macquarie Fields Train Station and Glenfield Train Station which are part of the T2 Airport, Inner West & South Line (Green Line). There is also a public bus stop directly outside the front gates which services the local suburbs and surrounds.
The school's curriculum consists primarily of the standard courses taught at college preparatory schools across the world. All students are required to take classes in the core areas of English, Basic Sciences, Mathematics, a Foreign Language, and Social Sciences.
All students take religion classes each year that they are enrolled. These classes cover topics in biblical history and Christian and denominational doctrines. Instructors in other disciplines also begin each class period with prayer or a short devotional thought, many which encourage student input. Weekly, the entire student body gathers together in the auditorium for an hour-long chapel service. Outside the classrooms there is year-round spiritually oriented programming that relies on student involvement.
All students are expected to participate in a sport during the designated time two periods a week.
Some of the sports the school offers are:
- Touch Football
- Table Tennis
Some sports are changed each term to suit the seasons.
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary and elementary schools
- List of Seventh-day Adventist colleges and universities
- List of Seventh-day Adventist hospitals
- List of Seventh-day Adventist medical schools
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary schools
- Seventh-day Adventist education
- List of Non-Government schools in New South Wales
- http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/1115/For-real-education-reform-take-a-cue-from-the-Adventists"the[permanent dead link] second largest Christian school system in the world has been steadily outperforming the national average – across all demographics."
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 23 March 2015. Retrieved 2016-03-18.
- "Department of Education, Seventh-day Adventist Church". Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Rogers, Wendi; Kellner, Mark A. (1 April 2003). "World Church: A Closer Look at Higher Education". Adventist News Network. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
|This article related to a New South Wales school is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|