Macau International Airport
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Macau International Airport
Aeroporto Internacional de Macau
Oumùhn Gwokjai Gēichèuhng
|IATA: MFM – ICAO: VMMC|
|Owner||Government of Macau|
|Operator||Sociedade do Aeroporto Internacional de Macau S.A.R.L.|
|Location||Taipa, Macau, China|
|Hub for||Air Macau|
|Elevation AMSL||6 m / 20 ft|
|Macau International Airport|
|Portuguese||Aeroporto Internacional de Macau|
|Economy of Macau|
|Currency and identity|
|Other Macau topics|
Macau International Airport (IATA: MFM, ICAO: VMMC) (Portuguese: Aeroporto Internacional de Macau), is an international airport in the special administrative region of Macau, situated at the eastern end of Taipa island and neighbouring waters which opened for commercial operations on 9 November 1995. Since then the airport has been a common transfer point for people traveling between Mainland China and Taiwan, as well as a passenger hub for destinations in mainland China and Southeast Asia. During 2006, the airport handled 5 million passengers and 220,000 tonnes of cargo.
The airport's designed capacity is 6,000,000 passengers per year, with processing capacity of up to 2,000 passengers per hour. The airport does not have a night curfew. There are 24 parking spaces for aircraft in the apron, with 4 jetways. There are 10 gates. As in Hong Kong, Macau has its own immigration policies and is a separate customs territory from mainland China. All travellers, including those to mainland China and Hong Kong, need to go through the immigration and customs inspections of international flights.
The airport's runway was built on a strip of reclaimed land in the sea, adjacent to Taipa Island, where the main terminal and air traffic control facilities are located. The runway is connected to the apron by two causeways. Runway 34 is ILS CAT II equipped. Navigational and radio aids are located at either end of the runway. Despite its small area, the airport is capable of handling Boeing 747s and Antonov 124s, which forms a vital freight link between local manufacturers and overseas markets. Its catering facility can produce up to 10,000 meals per day.
- Macau Customs Service (Independent department under Secretariat for Security of Macau)
- Macau Immigration Department/Services (Public Security Police Force of Macau)
- Macau Business Aviation Centre
- Servair Macau
- Menzies Macau
Airlines and destinations
|Year||Passengers||Airfreight (kg)||Aircraft operations|
|Ranking||Airport||Weekly departures||Seating capacity||Carrier(s)|
|1||Taipei-Taoyuan||84||Air Macau, Eva Air, TransAsia Airways, Tigerair Taiwan|
|2||Kaohsiung||33||Air Macau, Eva Air, TransAsia Airways, Tigerair Taiwan|
|3||Shanghai-Pudong||30||Air Macau, China Eastern Airlines, Spring Airlines, Juneyao Airlines|
|4=||Shanghai-Hongqiao||28||Air Macau, China Eastern Airlines, Shanghai Airlines|
|4=||Bangkok-Don Mueang||28||Thai AirAsia|
|4=||Da Nang||28||Air Macau, Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific Airlines|
|4=||Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi||28||Air Macau, Thai Smile|
|8=||Hangzhou||21||Air Macau, Xiamen Airlines|
|8=||Seoul-Incheon||21||Air Macau, Jin Air|
|12||Manila||15||AirAsia Zest, Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines|
|13||Xiamen||14||Air Macau, Xiamen Airlines|
|15||Tianjin-Binhai||11||Air Macau, Xiamen Airlines|
The airport is connected by public transit bus routes, taxis, private cars and regional coach services.
For transfer passenger to Mainland China or Hong Kong a "two customs, one checkpoint" service is provided. Passengers can use a bus shuttle directly from the airport to the New Macau Ferry Terminal or the Taipa Temporary Ferry Terminal without passing Macau immigration.
- Transmac routes:
- 26 - Rua Norte do Patane/Bacia Norte do Patane
- AP1 - Portas do Cerco
- T.C.M. routes:
- N2 - Bacia Norte do Patane/Taipa Temporary Ferry Terminal (Night only)
- Nova Era routes:
Cross-Border Coach connects Macau International Airport with mainland locations like Huadao, Guangzhou, Panyu, Dongguan, Gongbei Port of Entry and Hengqin Border. The "two customs, once checkpoint" service is also available to the Hengqin Border.
Macau Light Rail Transit is located at the Avenida Wai Long, Airport Station is close to Macau International Airport. In addition, the seamless connection between the Station and the footbridge allows passengers to access the Airport and the hotels nearby.
- Macau International Airport, official site
- Airport information for VMMC at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for MFM at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Macau 2007 Yearbook. Government Information Bureau of the Macau SAR. 2007. ISBN 978-99937-56-09-5.
- "Air Macau to Start Macau – Zhengzhou Service from late-September 2013". Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Air Seoul Files Preliminary International Schedule in 16Q4". routesonline. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "Bassaka Air Launches Phnom Penh - Macau from late-Mar 2015". Airlineroute.net. 1 May 2015. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "Capital Airlines Adds Wanxian - Macau Route in W15". Airlineroute.net. 9 October 2015. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- "China Southern Adds Wuhan - Macau Service from April 2015". Airline Route. 13 March 2015. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- "Hainan Airlines Adds Haikou - Macau Service in Sep/Oct 2015". Airlineroute.net. 1 September 2015. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- "Jetstar Pacific to Start Vietnam – Macau Service from late-March 2014". Airline Route. 17 March 2014. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "Jetstar Pacific Adds Haiphong – Macau Charter Flights from late-August 2015".
- "MegaMaldives Air Adds Macau – Koror Charter Service in S15". Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Mega Maldives Airlines 2015 Winter Flight Schedule" (PDF). Retrieved November 2015. Check date values in:
- "Royal Flight commences bi-weekly Macau-Moscow charter flights". Macau News. 18 May 2016. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "Siam Air Winter Flight Schedules".
- "THAI Smile Ends Macau Service in late-August 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "tigerair Taiwan to Start Macau Service from Dec 2014". Airline Route. 2 December 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- "2016 Summer Season Incheon-Macao Flight Availability Schedule Announcement". twayair.com. 29 March 2016. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- "Vietjet Air Opens Da Nang - Macau Reservations from May 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- Traffic Statistics - Passengers, retrieved March 5, 2015
- Traffic Statistics - Passengers, retrieved Feb 24, 2016
- Traffic Statistics - Cargo, retrieved March 5, 2015
- Traffic Statistics - Cargo, retrieved Feb 24, 2016
- "澳門特別行政區政府 運輸基建辦公室 - Gabinete para as Infra-estruturas de Transportes Governo da R.A.E.M.".
Media related to Macau International Airport at Wikimedia Commons