Macau Jockey Club
The Macau Jockey Club (MJC; Chinese: 澳門賽馬會) is an organization providing horse racing and betting entertainment in Macau, China. MJC is one of the largest private employers of Macau with around 1,400 employees and around 1,100 part-timers.
The club began as the Macau Trotting Club in 1980 in an attempt to introduce harness racing in Asia, but it was not a popular sporting event and gave way to the formation of the current thoroughbred racing club in 1989.
The MJC has one track on Taipa converted from the old trotting track. The old track is now the inner sand track and the newer outer track is turf. The stables at the MJC are home to about 1,000 horses.
- Macau Derby - April
- Macau Gold Cup - May
- The Macau Star of The Sand Stakes - June
- Macau Sprint Trophy - April
- Chairman's Challenge Cup - June
- Director's Cup
Pool Name - Dividend Qualification
- Win (獨贏) - 1st in a race.
- Place (位置) - 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a race with 7 or more declared starters or 1st, 2nd in a race with 4, 5, 6 declared starters.
- Quinella (連贏) - 1st and 2nd in either order in the race.
- Quinella Place (位置Q) - Any two of the first three placed horses in any finishing order in the race. However, the Pool will not opened when a race less than 6 starters.
- Tierce (三重彩) - 1st, 2nd and 3rd in correct order in the race.
Pool Name - Dividend Qualification - Consolation [if any]
- Double (孖寶) - 1st in two nominated races - 1st in 1st leg and 2nd in 2nd leg.
- Triple Trio (三T) - 1st, 2nd and 3rd in any order in three legs - 1st, 2nd and 3rd in any order in any two Triple Trio legs.
|This article about a sports-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Taipa, Macau-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|