Macedonian Catholic Eparchy of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed in Strumica-Skopje
Eparchy of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed in Strumica-Skopje
Cathedral of the Assumption of Blessed Virgin Mary in Strumica
|Ecclesiastical province||Immediately subject to the Holy See|
|Area||25,713 km2 (9,928 sq mi)|
|(as of 2015)|
|Sui iuris church||Macedonian Byzantine-Catholic Church|
|Established||January 11, 2001|
|Cathedral||Assumption of Blessed Virgin Mary in Strumica|
|Patron saint||the Blessed Virgin Mary|
|Eparchy of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed in Strumica-Skopje|
The Macedonian Catholic Eparchy of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed in Strumica-Skopje is an eparchy of the Macedonian Byzantine-Catholic Church situated in North Macedonia. The eparchy is an Immediately subject to the Holy See.
- January 11, 2001: Established as Apostolic Exarchate of Macedonia for the Macedonians from the Greek Catholic Eparchy of Križevci.
- May 31, 2018: Elevated in the rank of an Eparchy as the Macedonian Catholic Eparchy of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed in Strumica-Skopje.
The following is a list of the Apostolic Exarchs and the Eparchial Bishops of the eparchy and their terms of service:
- (11 January 2001 – 15 April 2005) Joakim Herbut, Bishop of Skopje
- (since 20 July 2005 – ) Kiro Stojanov, Bishop of Skopje
- Elevazione dell’Esarcato Apostolico per i fedeli cattolici di rito bizantino residenti nella ex-Repubblica Jugoslava di Macedonia ad Eparchia e nomina del primo Vescovo Eparchiale. the Holy See Press Service (in Italian). 31 May 2018.
- Official website
- GCatholic.org information on the eparchy
- Profile at the Catholic Hierarchy
- Official website (in Macedonian)