Macedonian First Football League
|Country||Republic of Macedonia|
|Number of teams||10|
|Level on pyramid||1|
|Relegation to||2. MFL|
|Domestic cup(s)||Macedonian Football Cup|
|International cup(s)||UEFA Champions League
UEFA Europa League
The Macedonian First Football League (Macedonian: Прва македонска Фудбалска Лига, Prva Мakedonska Fudbalska Liga; also called Macedonian First League, 1. MFL and Prva Liga) is the highest professional football competition in the Republic of Macedonia. It is a professional league competition for football clubs located at the top of the Macedonian football league system and has been operating for about twenty years since the 1992–1993 season. It is organized by the Football Federation of Macedonia (FFM).
The championship titles won before 1992 are officially recognized by the Macedonian League as domestic regional cups.
Throughout the 1. MFL history, the number of clubs competing at the top level has been gradually decreased. Below is a complete record of how many teams played in each season throughout the league's history:
The league has 10 teams, and each team plays the other sides four times, for a total of 36 matches each.
Due to the UEFA Ranking coefficients ranking (shown below); The winner of the league enters into the Qualifying Rounds of the Champions League, while the second and third placed teams are entered into the Qualifying Rounds of the Europa League along with the winner of the Macedonian Cup. At the end of the season, the bottom 2 teams are relegated to the Macedonian Second League while the 9th and 10th placed teams enter a play-off with the 3rd and 4th placed teams of the Macedonian Second League.
- 37 (35) Premier League of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 38 (46) Liechtenstein Football Cup
- 39 (42) Macedonian First League
- 40 (43) League of Ireland Premier Division
- 41 (39) Montenegrin First League
|1||FK Vardar||1. MFL||733||414||173||146||1353||627||+726||1356|
|4||Pobeda||Banned  by FFM and UEFA
(eligible to compete in 2017–18)
|8||Makedonija Gj. P.||1. MFL||425||164||98||163||570||525||+45||559|
|10||Cementarnica||4. MFL – OFL Kisela Voda||448||157||95||196||588||622||−34||541|
- Deducted points: FK Makedonija Gj. P. -19, FK Sloga Jugomagnat −11, FK Vardar −9, FK Cementarnica −3 and FK Škendija −3.
List of seasons
|Vardar Skopje||10||2||1992–93, 1993–94, 1994–95, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17|
|Rabotnički Skopje||4||3||2004–05, 2005–06, 2007–08, 2013–14|
|Sileks Kratovo||3||5||1995–96, 1996–97, 1997–98|
|Sloga Jugomagnat Skopje||3||2||1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01|
|Pobeda Prilep||2||2||2003–04, 2006–07|
Current teams (2017–18)
in season 2016–17
|Akademija Pandev||1st in Second League|
|Skopje||2nd in Second League|
- http://ffm.mk/ (in Macedonian)
- "First League". Soccerway. Global Sports Media. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- "UEFA Country Ranking 2015". Bert Kassies. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "UEFA Country coefficients 2014/15". UEFA. Retrieved 24 May 2012.
- All-Time First Macedonian League Standings
- Pobeda Prilep banned until 2017/18
- Karel Stokkermans (29 October 2015). "Macedonia - List of Champions". Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "First League". Soccerway. Perform. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "First League 2016/2017". Soccerway. Perform. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Second League 2016/2017". Soccerway. Perform. Retrieved 7 June 2017.