|Origin||Perth, Western Australia, Australia|
|Years active||1996–2007; 2009; 2011|
Mach Pelican were a punk rock band formed in Perth, Australia in 1996. In 1998, they relocated to Melbourne, Australia. They announced their farewell tour in July 2007, and played their final show in Tokyo, Japan on 17 September 2007.
In eleven years, Mach Pelican played 800 shows, touring with bands such as The Buzzcocks, Radio Birdman, Rancid, The Hard Ons, Butthole Surfers, Guitar Wolf, Supersnazz, The Donnas, You Am I, The Spazzys and The Porkers.
2006 was a significant year for the three musicians with their 10-year anniversary, release of their third studio album Radio Action on newly formed label Bop Records, touring Japan, as well as their frequent coast-to-coast shows across Australia.
- Keisuke Nakamura (K-Rock) - Guitar/Vocals
- Atsushi Omori (Atsu Longrun) - Bass/Vocals
- Toshi Maeda (Toshi-8Beat) - Drums/Vocals
Mach Pelican's music has been played on:
- Radio Action - Bop Records (2 October 2006)
- Pulsate to the Back Beat - (October 2002)
- Mach Pelican - Shagpile/Shock Records (6 August 1999)
Singles and EPs
- "She's A Mod" Bop Records (February 2007)
- "Radio" (April 2006)
- "Airport" (August 2001)
- "Dance in Chicago"/"Gigantor" (May 1999)
- "Born to Delivery" (September 1999)
- "Blue Sky" (May 1998)
- Kim Salmon Sessions Corduroy Records (2000)
- Chicken & Champagne 6 track split with Guttermouth Shagpile/Shock Records (2000)
- Cake Spirit EP 4 way split: Groovie Ghoulies/The Spazzys/Dazes/Mach Pelican
- Hook up Bikini Girls 4 way split with:The Wimpy's(Japan)/Mach Pelican/Surfin' Lungs(UK)/The Manges(Italy)
- Smugglers/Mach Pelican 5 track split with Smugglers Cordrouy Records (2001)
List of cover versions
- "Mach Pelican". Australia Music Online. Archived from the original on 2008-08-03. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- "Mach Pelican - final shows ever!". FasterLouder.com.au. 17 July 2007. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- Pechar, Rob (18 May 2009). "Mach Pelican + The Gimmes - The Tote". AU Review. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- "Earthquake Fundraisers: Mach Pelican, Rose Quartz". Mess+Noise. 4 April 2011. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- "Punk band Mach Pelican's back for Japan gig". Herald Sun. 7 April 2011. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- Batfoot! dot com. June 15, 2016.