St. Gertrudis church in Machelen
|• Mayor||Jean-Pierre De Groef (sp.a)|
|• Governing party/ies||sp.a, VLD, Spirit|
|• Total||11.59 km2 (4.47 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2016)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,300/sq mi)|
|Postal codes||1830, 1831|
Machelen (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈmɑxələ(n)]) is a municipality located in the Belgian province of Flemish Brabant. The municipality comprises the towns of Diegem and Machelen proper. On 1 January 2006 Machelen had a total population of 12,500. The total area is 11.59 km² which gives a population density of 1,078 inhabitants per km².
Brussels Airlines has its corporate headquarters in the b.house on the grounds of Brussels Airport and in Diegem, Machelen. Brussels Airlines formed in 2006 as a result of a merger between SN Brussels and Virgin Express.
- Population per municipality as of 1 January 2016 (XLS; 397 KB)
- "bedrijf.jpg." Machelen. Retrieved on 25 April 2010.
- "Corp – Contact Us." Brussels Airlines. Retrieved on 23 October 2009.
- "Sabena reborn: SN Brussels-Virgin Express merger 'set to take former Belgian flag carrier brand'." Flight Global. 27 October 2006. Retrieved on 23 October 2009.
- Media related to Machelen at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website – Only available in Dutch
|This Flemish Brabant location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|