Mandal map of Guntur district showing
Macherla mandal (in green)
|• Body||Mandal Parishad|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Macherla mandal is one of the 57 mandals in Guntur district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is under the administration of Gurazala revenue division and the headquarters are located at Macherla. The mandal is bounded by Rentachintala, Durgi and Veldurthi mandals and a portion of the mandal also borders the state of Telangana.
As of 2011[update] census, the mandal had a population of 160,303. The total population constitute, 57,140 males and 55,908 females —a sex ratio of 978 females per 1000 males. 13,486 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 7,036 are boys and 6,450 are girls. The average literacy rate stands at 30.79% with 62,850 literates.
The mandal is controlled by a tahsildar and the present tahsildar is G.Levi. Macherla mandal is one of the 3 mandals under Macherla (Assembly constituency), which in turn represents Narasaraopet (Lok Sabha constituency) of Andhra Pradesh.
Towns and villages
The settlements in the mandal are listed below:
The mandal plays a major role in education for the rural students of the nearby villages.The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. As per the school information report for the academic year 2015–16, the mandal has more than 18,587 students enrolled in over 105 schools.
Guntur railway station is 130 km to Macherla mandal. APSRTC runs number of buses from major cities to here.
- "District Census Handbook - Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. p. 14,270. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Guntur District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 49, 106. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "New Gurazala revenue division created". The Hindu. Gurazala (Guntur District). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Mandals in Guntur district". aponline.gov.in. Archived from the original on 28 April 2015. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "List of Tahsildars working in Guntur District as on 19.06.2014" (PDF). Guntur District Official Website. National Informatics Centre. p. 1. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (pdf). Election Commission of India. p. 23. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Sub-District Details of Guntur District". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- "Abbreviations used". censusindia.gov.in. Archived from the original on 17 June 2007. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 March 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "R1.1 SCHOOL INFORMATION". Archived from the original on 2016-11-08.
- "R3.1 STUDENT INFORMATION".