Mandal map of Krishna district showing
Machilipatnam mandal (in yellow)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Machilipatnam mandal is one of the 50 mandals in Krishna district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is under the administration of Machilipatnam revenue division and the headquarters are located at Machilipatnam town. The mandal is bounded by Bantumilli, Pedana, Gudur, Ghantasala, Challapalli and Koduru mandals.
As of 2011[update] census, the mandal had a population of 238,962. The total population constitute, 118,820 males and 120,142 females —a sex ratio of 1011 females per 1000 males. 21,272 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 11,037 are boys and 10,235 are girls. The average literacy rate stands at 78.62% with 171,144 literates.
Towns and villages
As of 2011[update] census, the mandal has 29 settlements. It includes 1 town and 28 villages in the mandal. Chinnapuram is the most populated village and Potlapalem is the least populated villages in the mandal.
The settlements in the mandal are listed below:
- Chilakalapudi (rural)
- Kara Agraharam
- Machavaram (rural)
- Machilipatnam (M)
- Machilipatnam (rural)
- Sultannagaram Gollapalem
Government and politics
Machilipatnam mandal is under Machilipatnam (Assembly constituency), which in turn represents Machilipatnam (Lok Sabha constituency) of Andhra Pradesh. The present MLA representing Machilipatnam (Assembly constituency) is Kollu Ravindra of Telugu Desam Party.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "District Census Handbook - Krishna" (PDF). Census of India. p. 16,454. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 517, 531. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Administrative Setup". Krishna District Official Website. National Informatics Centre. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Mandals in Krishna district". aponline.gov.in. Archived from the original on 13 December 2014. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Sub-District Details of Krishna District". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- "Abbreviations used". censusindia.gov.in. Archived from the original on 17 June 2007. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "DELIMITATION OF PARLIAMENTARY AND ASSEMBLY CONSTITUENCIES ORDER, 2008" (pdf). Election Commission of India. p. 21. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Member's Report". Andhra Pradesh Legislature Assembly. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Machilipatnam Assembly 2014 Election Results". Elections.in. Retrieved 13 October 2014.