Machilipatnam railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
|Location||Machilipatnam, Krishna distt., Andhra Pradesh
|Elevation||14 m (46 ft)|
|Line(s)||Gudivada-Machilipatnam branch line|
|Tracks||Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||South Central Railway|
|Opened||4 Feb, 1908|
Machilipatnam railway station (station code:MTM), located in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, serves Machilipatnam in Krishna district. It is administered under Vijayawada railway division of South Central Railway zone.
SCR recently installed Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVM)s in this station.
Express trains originated/terminated
|Machilipatnam – Yeshwanthpur Kondaveedu Express|
|Machilipatnam – Tirupati Express|
|Machilipatnam – Secunderabad Machilipatnam Express|
The Vijayawada-Machilipatnam line was scheduled to be doubled by 2016.
New line survey
New line surveys to be taken up in 2012–13 include Machilipatnam-Repalle via Nizampatnam.
- "Station Code Index" (PDF). Portal of Indian Railways. p. 2. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Statement showing Category-wise No.of stations" (PDF). p. 7. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Stations on the Gudivada–Machilipatnam section" (PDF). Indian Railways Passenger Reservation Enquiry. Ministry of Indian Railways. 12 September 2009. p. 6. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Vijayawada division – A Profile" (PDF). South Central Railway. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Jump in SCR Vijayawada division revenue". The Hindu. Vijayawada. 28 April 2015. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "SCR introduces mobile paper ticketing facility in 38 stations".
- "Vijayawada Railway Division earnings cross Rs. 2,000 crores mark". The Hindu, 14 April 2011. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- "Salient features of Railway Budget 2012–13". SC Railway. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|Gudivada-Machilipatnam branch line||Terminus|