|Future Leaders Of The World|
|Origin||Little Rock, Arkansas;
Buffalo, New York, United States
Future Leaders of the World
We Are The Fallen
|Past members||Justin Carder
Machina is the successor project to Future Leaders of the World, founded by vocalist Phil Taylor, which features former members of Evanescence (guitarist John LeCompt and drummer Rocky Gray). The band takes its name from the Latin phrase Deus ex Machina, a plot device using divine intervention to resolve a seemingly hopeless situation.
Future Leaders of the World
Future Leaders of the World was formed by guitarist and singer Phil Taylor, who formed the group in Buffalo, New York with drummer Carl Messina and bassist Toby Cole. Taylor recorded a demo with Shawn Rivera of Az Yet and executive producer Allan Fray in Los Angeles. At a later time, Jake Stutevoss was also added on guitar. The group signed with Epic Records and released a full-length album, LVL IV. The album reached No. 153 on the Billboard 200 on the strength of the US hit singles "Let Me Out" (#6 Mainstream Rock, No. 32 Modern Rock Charts ) and "Everyday" (#30 Mainstream Rock). The group toured with groups such as Shinedown, Seether, Crossfade, Chevelle, and Alter Bridge, but during their dates on the Sno-Core tour, they learned that Epic planned to dissolve their contract, and the group disbanded. However, in 2009, the former vocalist Phil Taylor announced on their MySpace blog that he began the project again. Their new songs can be heard on their MySpace website. The band has released an EP titled Delirium with 3 tracks from the upcoming new full album titled Reveal. This EP includes an acoustic version of "Let Me Out" as well. The bands current line-up includes Jeremy "13" on bass, Ian Severson on guitar, Russell Bullock on drums, and frontman Phil Taylor.
Taylor and with former Evanescence members John LeCompt (guitar), Rocky Gray (drums), along with Jack Wiese (guitar) of Mourningside and Thad Ables (bass) formed a new band, Machina. Since the departure of Gray and LeCompt from Evanescence in May 2007, the band has kept up a relentless touring schedule and finished a full-length record produced and mixed by Toby Wright at the SoundKitchen in Nashville, TN. The lead single "Trust" received moderate airplay on radio stations across the US and has yet to release a second single.
In 2012, Machina has signed to Rogue Records America and released their debut album "To Live and Die in the Garden of Eden" on 9 October which is available in both digitally and physically on iTunes and CMDistro.com. In the end of the same year, Machina has toured at 16 places in US for 3 weeks, been filmed by the reality TV show "The Making of Rockstars", produced and directed by David DeLay. The filming continues through the tour in 2013, which is expected to be aired in the late same year.
2013: The Return of Future Leaders Of The World
After a brief hiatus the band reformed in 2013 and began touring and writing new music. In 2014 the band signed with Chicago-based Pavement Entertainment. The new album "Reveal" is set for a March 10, 2015 release date and is led by the first single "Live Again". The band wrapped up a full tour with fellow rockers Saliva and will embark on a tour of Japan and full USA tour to coincide with the release of "Reveal".
- LVL IV (as Future Leaders of the World) (2004)
- Machina EP (2007)
- Delirium EP (as Future Leaders of the World) (2009)
- Bootlegs & B-Sides (as Future Leaders of the World) (2009)
- To Live And Die In The Garden Of Eden(Digital) (2012)
- To Live And Die In The Garden Of Eden(Physical) (2012)
- Reveal (as Future Leaders of the World) (2015)
- Future Leaders of the World
- Phil Taylor - Vocals
- Ian Severson - Guitar
- Jarred Mosely - Bass
- Russell Bullock - Drums
- Former members
- Toby Cole - Bass
- Jake Stutevoss - Guitar, Backup Vocals
- Bill Hershey - Bass
- Justin Carder - drums
- Jack Wiese - Guitar, Backup vocals
- Jeremy "13" - Bass
- Billboard, Allmusic.com
- Billboard Singles, Allmusic.com
- Future Leaders of the World, Allmusic.com
- "John LeCompt Tours With His New Hard Rock/Alternative Band Machina". Fox Business. February 1, 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-02-06. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
5. Former EVANESCENCE Members Sign MACHINA Deal With ROGUE RECORDS - Sep. 12, 2012 http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=179346
6. Album Review of Machina’s "To Live and Die in the Garden of Eden" http://pittsburghmusicmagazine.com/2012/10/17/machinas-to-live-and-die-in-the-garden-of-eden/