|Born||MacKenzie S. Tuttle
April 7, 1970
San Francisco, California, U.S.
|Education||Hotchkiss School (1988)
Princeton University (1992)
|Spouse(s)||Jeff Bezos (m. 1993)|
She was raised in San Francisco, California by a financial planner father and a homemaker mother. In 1988, she graduated from Hotchkiss School in Connecticut. Bezos earned her bachelor's degree in English at Princeton University with highest honors in 1992. She studied under writer Toni Morrison, who said Bezos was "one of the best students I've ever had in my creative writing classes."
In November 2013, MacKenzie Bezos wrote an extensive review of a newly released book The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Bloomberg Businessweek journalist Brad Stone about Amazon.com. She chose to publish her critique of the book, which she says "has too many inaccuracies" and is a "misrepresentation of the culture at the world's largest online retailer", as an Amazon.com review, with a 1-star rating.
- 2006 American Book Award
- The Testing of Luther Albright. Fourth Estate. 2005. ISBN 978-0-00-719287-8.
- Traps. Knopf. 2013. ISBN 978-0-307-95973-7.
- "Alumni Award: PREVIOUS RECIPIENTS". The Hotchkiss School. 2004. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- According to the State of California. California Birth Index, 1905–1995. Center for Health Statistics, California Department of Health Services, Sacramento, CA.
- Johnson, Rebecca (February 20, 2013). "MacKenzie Bezos: Writer, Mother of Four, and High-profile Wife". Vogue. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos donate $15 million to create center in Princeton Neuroscience Institute. December 13, 2011. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- Levi Sumagaysay (5 November 2013). "Quoted: She Said, He Said — MacKenzie Bezos Vs. Author Of Book On Amazon". SiliconBeat. The Mercury News.
I have firsthand knowledge of many of the events. I worked for Jeff (Bezos) at D. E. Shaw
- Bayers, Chip. "The Inner Bezos". Wired. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "MacKenzie Bezos". Narrative. 2007. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- Porterfield, Elaine (July 28, 2012). "Amazon's Jeff Bezos, wife, make $2.5 million donation for gay marriage". Reuters. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- Julie Bosman; David Streitfeld (4 November 2013). "Book about Amazon is Reviewed on Amazon, by Founder's Wife". New York Times. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
In a scathing 922-word review posted on Monday, Ms. Bezos described the book ...
- "MacKenzie Bezos Stands By Her Man Jeff". CEO Briefing Newsletter. 10 November 2013.
Hell hath no fury like that of an important CEO's spouse. Now that Bezos owns the Washington Post newspaper we shall see if he intends to use it as an even more formidable weapon.
- "Bystander Revolution". Retrieved April 21, 2015.
- John Marshall (August 26, 2005). "Bezos discusses her debut novel and her love for her husband's laugh". Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
- Brian Miller (September 14, 2005). "Profile: MacKenzie Bezos". Seattle Weekly.
- Megan Basham (2009). Beside Every Successful Man: A Woman's Guide to Having It All. Random House, Inc. p. 182. ISBN 978-0-307-39364-7.