Davis at TIFF 2015
|Residence||New York City, U.S.|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||McGill University|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
Mackenzie Davis (born April 1, 1987) is a Canadian actress. She made her film debut in Smashed, and later appeared in Breathe In, That Awkward Moment, The Martian, Blade Runner 2049, and The F Word, the last for which she received a Canadian Screen Award nomination. From 2014 to 2017, she starred as computer programmer Cameron Howe in the TV series Halt and Catch Fire.
Davis was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, to Lotte, a graphic designer from South Africa, and John Davis, a hairdresser, from Liverpool, England. Her parents own AG Hair Care. She attended McGill University in Montreal, Quebec. She went on to study acting at the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York City.
Davis was discovered by Drake Doremus, who decided to cast her for a supporting role in the feature film Breathe In. In 2015, she appeared in The Martian as a NASA satellite communications engineer named Mindy Park. She also acted in a lead role in Halt and Catch Fire for the duration of its four-season run. In June 2016, Davis was cast as Mariette in Blade Runner 2049.
|2013||Breathe In||Lauren Reynolds|
|2013||The F Word||Nicole||Alternative title: What If?|
|2013||Bad Turn Worse||Sue|
|2013||Plato's Reality Machine||Sophia|
|2014||That Awkward Moment||Chelsea|
|2014||Emptied||Charlotte Laurence||Short film|
|2015||Freaks of Nature||Petra Lane|
|2015||A Country Called Home||Reno|
|2015||Memory Box||Isabelle||Short film|
|2015||The Martian||Mindy Park|
|2016||Always Shine||Anna||Tribeca Film Festival Award for Best Actress|
Monster Fest Award for Best Performance in a Feature Film (Female)
|2017||Izzy Gets the F*ck Across Town||Izzy|
|2017||Blade Runner 2049||Mariette|
|2012||I Just Want My Pants Back||Lucie||Episode: "Safety Nets"|
|2014–2017||Halt and Catch Fire||Cameron Howe||Main role; 40 episodes|
|2016||Black Mirror||Yorkie||Episode: "San Junipero"|
|2017||No Activity||Patricia/"Pat the Rat"||Episode: "The Metric System"|
- Britton, Augustus. "Mackenzie Davis: An Artist Is an Emotional Historian". Malibu Magazine. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- Zhong, Fan (March 2013). "On the Verge: Mackenzie Davis". W. Sebastian Kim (photography). Archived from the original on March 29, 2014. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- Olsen, Mark (September 21, 2013). "'We Gotta Get Out of This Place' actress Mackenzie Davis breaks out". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 3, 2015.
- "Mackenzie Davis on her Black Mirror tech fears and Blade Runner reboot". Toronto Star, November 1, 2016. Page E4. Cassandra Szklarski.
- "10 things you need to know about AG Hair Cosmetics". Behind the Chair. 2011. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- Kit, Borys (June 7, 2016). "'Martian' Actress Mackenzie Davis Joins 'Blade Runner' Sequel (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "'Black Mirror' Season 3 Trailer: "No One Is This Happy'". Deadline. October 7, 2016. Retrieved October 7, 2016.
- "Tribeca Film Festival Announces 'Dean,' 'Junction 48' and Other Award-Winners". Indiewire. 2016-04-21. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- "MONSTER FEST Announces 2016 Award Winners". Monster Fest. November 29, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mackenzie Davis.|