|Location||500 Beech Street, Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA|
|Field size||327 ft. (LF, RF) 377 ft. (CF)|
|Holyoke Millers (EL) (1977-1982)
Holyoke Giants (NECBL) (2004-2007)
Elms College Blazers (NECC) (2005-present)
Holyoke Blue Sox (NECBL) (2008-present)
Mackenzie Stadium is a baseball venue located in Holyoke, Massachusetts. It was home to the Holyoke Millers and today is used by both the Holyoke Blue Sox of the New England Collegiate Baseball League (since 2008) and the Elms College Blazers of the New England Collegiate Conference (since 2005). It was built in 1933 and has a capacity of 4,100 people.
The stadium was the home of the Holyoke Millers of the Double-A Eastern League for six seasons between 1977 and 1982. The Millers were Eastern League champions in 1980. Following the 1982 season, the franchise moved to Nashua, New Hampshire and became the Nashua Angels. The franchise still exists today as the Harrisburg Senators, Double-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals.
The stadium is named after Medal of Honor recipient John Mackenzie. Mackenzie was given the honor for actions performed upon the USS Remlik on December 17, 1917, during World War I. The field was dedicated in his honor on September 4, 1939.
The following is a list of the attendance figures of the two NECBL franchises to play at Mackenzie Stadium, the Holyoke Giants (2004–2007) and Holyoke Blue Sox (2008–present). In 2011, the Blue Sox for the first time led the NECBL in attendance.
|Season||Game Avg.||Season Total||Lge. Rk.|
|Holyoke Blue Sox|
- Holyoke Loses game One versus Mountaineers, Heads to the Mack’ for game Two at necbl.com, URL accessed August 17, 2009
- Holyoke Sox Info at necbl.com
- Game Facilities at athletics.elms.edu
- Mackenzie Stadium at ballparkreviews.com
- West Wins All-Star game in Holyoke, Hometown Hero gets MVP at necbl.com, URL accessed August 21, 2009. Archived 2009-09-07.
- Eastern League (AA) Encyclopedia and History at baseball-reference.com, URL accessed August 17, 2009
- Eastern League Champions at sports123.com, URL accessed August 17, 2009
- Holyoke Millers Logos at sportslogos.net, URL accessed August 17, 2009
- About the NECBL at necbl.com, URL accessed August 17, 2009
- digitalballparks.com Mackenzie Stadium Photo Gallery, Photo 1 at digitalballparks.com, URL accessed November 30, 2008
- "2011 NECBL Season - Attendance". NECBL.com. Archived from the original on 2012-02-15. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- http://www.necbl.com/2004webstats/confstat.HTM NECBL team statistics archive, URL accessed December 22, 2008
- http://www.necbl.com/2005webstats/confstat.HTM NECBL team statistics archive, URL accessed December 27, 2008
- http://www.necbl.com/2006webstats/confstat.HTM NECBL team statistics archive, URL accessed December 27, 2008
- http://www.necbl.com/2007webstats/pd.htm#team.gms NECBL team statistics archive, URL accessed December 20, 2008
- http://www.necbl.com/2008webstats/confstat.HTM NECBL team statistics archive, URL accessed December 27, 2008
- Team Statistics 2009 at necbl.com, URL accessed August 1, 2009
- "2010 NECBL Season - Attendance". NECBL.com. Archived from the original on 2012-02-15. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "2012 NECBL Season - Attendance". NECBL.com. Archived from the original on 2012-08-05. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- Holyoke Blue Sox website
- Elms College baseball website
- NECBL website
- Mackenzie Stadium Photo Gallery at digitalballparks.com