Maco, Compostela Valley
Map of Philippines with Maco highlighted
|Region||Davao (Region XI)|
|District||2nd district of Compostela Valley|
|Established||June 17, 1967|
|• Mayor||Alvera Veronica Rimando- Arancon M.D (Aksyon Demokratiko)|
|• Vice Mayor||Arthur Carlos Voltaire R. Rimando (Aksyon Demokratiko)|
|• Total||342.23 km2 (132.14 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||240/km2 (620/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)87|
|Income class||1st municipal income class|
|Electorate||45,772 voters as of 2016|
It was formerly part of the Municipality of Mabini before becoming an independent municipality in June 17, 1967.
- Elizalde (Somil)
- Pangi (Gaudencio Antonio)
- New Asturias
- San Juan
- San Roque
- New Barili
- New Leyte
- New Visayas
|Population census of Maco|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Maco, Compostela Valley, was 81,277 people, with a density of 240 inhabitants per square kilometre or 620 inhabitants per square mile.
Festivals and events
- Fiesta ng Maco
- is celebrated every last Saturday of the month of June honoring "Inahan sa Kanunay'ng Panabang" (Mother of Perpetual Help).
- Kaimonan Festival
- is an annual festival that starts on June 17 to the last Saturday of the same month. Kaimonan is a mansaka term for "thanksgiving".
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: Compostela Valley". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region XI (Davao Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Executive Order No. 128: Creating the Municipality of Maco in the Province of Davao" (PDF). Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region XI (Davao Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region XI (Davao Region)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Compostela Valley". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Events and Festivals: June". Philippine Department of Tourism. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
|Adjacent places of Maco, Compostela Valley|
||Mawab / Nabunturan||New Bataan|
|Tagum, Davao del Norte||Maragusan|