This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Mac games website|
|Alexa rank||22,861,984 (December 2013[update])|
Macologist.org is a website on gaming on the Apple Macintosh platforms. Macologist specializes in technical support issues as well as the conversion and hosting of mods for first-person shooter games such as Unreal Tournament 2004, Battlefield 1942, Call of Duty, Homeworld 2, and Doom 3. The site also has a Mac gaming news section as well as a reviews section for both retail games and mods. The site was launched in June 2004.
Currently the site appears to have gone offline as of 2010. Current status is that Macologist is still down on July 2016.
By the end of 2005, Macologist had been cited three times in MacAddict magazine. In May 2005, Macworld, the other major US Macintosh print magazine, incorporated the Macologist-developed Santaduck Toolpak, a benchmarking utility for the game Unreal Tournament 2004, into its benchmarking suite. In September 2004, the Santaduck Toolpak was also cited by Apple Computer upon the introduction of its first revision iMac G5, is also used by the benchmarking sites barefeats.com  and xlr8yourmac.com, and received an Honorable Mention award in the NVIDIA-Epic Make Something Unreal contest. Both the tools as well as several mod download URLs are also listed at the Apple website. One of the hosts of the Mac Games Radio podcast is featured as a Macologist editor.
Macologist reviews and technical benchmarking articles have also been cited by some game developers. For example, for the game Doom 3, the Macintosh version's publisher Aspyr Media's website refers users to a link at Macologist for optimization questions, as does their technical support staff. The Feral Interactive website also lists several links to Macologist reviews, for example for Chessmaster 9000 .
Macologist in London, United Kingdom (macologist.co.uk) is an independent Apple Repair and Mac Support specialist not affiliated with Apple or macologist.org.
- "Macologist.org Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- MacAddict, October 2004 (p. 18), October 2005 (p. 11), December 2005 (p. 16).
- "Links and Downloads Manager - Unreal Tournament 2004". Macologist. 2007. Archived from the original on March 12, 2007. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- "Speedmark Sets the Bar". Macworld. 2005. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- "Faster Brain: Apple - iMac - Processor". Apple Computer. 2004. Archived from the original on September 2, 2004. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- "Tiger versus Panther". Barefeats.com. 2005. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- "GPU Shoot'em up: 2008 Mac Pros vs. Previous Mac Towers". Barefeats.com. 2008. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- "Review: ATI Radeon X800 XT Mac Edition". Accelerate Your Mac. 2005. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- "Make Something Unreal (MSU) Contest Phase 3 Finalists: Tool". Epic Games. 2011. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- "Unreal Tournament 2004 - Games - Demos & Updates". Apple Computer. 2008. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- "iGame Radio Introduces Guest Co-Host". 2005. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- "Aspyr Media: Doom 3 (click Support)". Aspyr Media. 2006. Archived from the original on July 5, 2006. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- "Game Review: Chessmaster 9000" (PDF). Feral Interactive. 2005. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
|This computer or video game website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|