Macomb Mall Sign
|Location||Roseville, Michigan, U.S.|
|No. of stores and services||100|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||933,000 square feet (86,700 m2)|
|No. of floors||1|
Macomb Mall is an enclosed shopping center located in Roseville, Michigan. Opened in 1964, it features Sears, Kohl's, Babies "R" Us, Party City, Old Navy, and Dick's Sporting Goods as major stores. The mall is managed by Lormax Stern.
Macomb Mall was developed in 1964 by the Schostak Brothers of Detroit, Michigan. The mall opened with Sears, Crowley's, and Kresge as its anchor stores. Later expansion in 1985 brought MainStreet to the mall;this store was converted to Kohl's in 1989. Old Navy was added as part of a 1999 renovation as the first Old Navy store in Macomb County. In 1999 Crowley's went bankrupt and sold its store to Value City.
In late 2011, Macomb Mall was almost closed due to one of Thor Equities' loans defaulting. The property was sold to Cushman & Wakefield in 2011, and again to Lormax Stern in mid-2013. In December 2013, Lormax Stern announced an $8 million renovation plan that will involve the demolition and reconstruction of the theater complex, as well as the demolition of the former Crowley's/Value City building for Dick's Sporting Goods. Ulta and Shoe Carnival are also confirmed as future tenants, followed by H&M in 2015.
- Macomb Mall turns 40
- Crowley, Milner & Company
- "Mainstreet to open four stores". The Bryan Times. 23 December 1985. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- Michigan Business. Business Journal Publishing Company. 1987.
- "Old Navy to anchor Macomb Mall renewal: New stores help revitalize aging shopping center". Detroit News. 1999-05-04.
- "FindArticles.com | CBSi". findarticles.com. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- Franz, Norb (2008-02-05). "Value City closings to leave huge void in malls". Macomb Daily. Retrieved 2008-02-07.[dead link]
- "Lawsuit Claims Macomb Mall Needs $42M To Avoid Closure". WDIV. 2011-09-29. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- Renovations signal comeback for Macomb Mall
- "Macomb Mall sold to Lormax Stern Development". Crain's Detroit Business. 2013-06-03. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- "Macomb Mall Getting $8 Million Makeover". CBS Detroit. 2 December 2013. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- "Macomb Mall gets H&M: Swedish retailer to open next year". Crain's Detroit. 29 August 2014. Retrieved 9 September 2014.