Macon County Airport
|Macon County Airport|
|Owner||Macon County Airport Authority|
|Serves||Macon County, North Carolina|
|Location||Franklin, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||2,020 ft / 616 m|
Macon County Airport (FAA LID: 1A5) is a public use airport in Macon County, North Carolina, United States. Owned by the Macon County Airport Authority, it is located three nautical miles (6 km) northwest of central business district of Franklin, North Carolina, in the Iotla Valley of the Great Smoky Mountains. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Macon County Airport covers an area of 110 acres (45 ha) at an elevation of 2,020 feet (616 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 7/25 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,000 by 100 feet (1,524 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending March 9, 2015, the airport had 12,250 aircraft operations, an average of 34 per day: 98% general aviation and 2% military. In January 2017, there were 18 aircraft based at this airport: 15 single-engine and 3 multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 1A5 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective Jan 5, 2017.
- "Franklin Aviation / Macon County Airport". Franklin Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on September 27, 2012. External link in
- "Macon County Airport - 1A5" (PDF). at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial image as of April 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 1A5, effective September 14, 2017
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|