Macon Township, Bureau County, Illinois
Location in Bureau County
Bureau County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.61 sq mi (94.8 km2)|
|• Land||36.61 sq mi (94.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||764 ft (233 m)|
|• Density||5.7/sq mi (2.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61314, 61345, 61368|
|GNIS feature ID||0429306|
Macon Township is one of twenty-five townships in Bureau County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 208 and it contained 95 housing units. Macon Township changed its name from Jefferson Township in June, 1850.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.61 square miles (94.8 km2), all land.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Bunker Hills Cemetery, Mount Pleasant, Walnut Grove and Wood Family.
- Bradford Community Unit School District 1
- Bureau Valley Community Unit School District 340
- Neponset Community Consolidated District 307
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 37
- "Macon Township, Bureau County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Mineral Township||Concord Township||Wyanet Township|
|Neponset Township||Indiantown Township|
|Osceola Township, Stark County||Milo Township|