|Developer(s)||Paramount Software UK Ltd (trading as Macrium Software)|
v7.2.4228 / April 21, 2019
|Operating system||Windows XP SP3 or later|
Windows Server 2003 SP2 or later
|Available in||English, German|
Macrium Reflect is backup utility for Microsoft Windows developed by Paramount Software UK Ltd in 2006. It creates disk images and file backup archives using Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service to ensure 'point in time' data accuracy. Macrium Reflect can backup whole partitions or individual files and folders into a single compressed, mountable archive file, which can be used to restore exact images of the partitions on the same hard disk for disaster recovery, or a new hard disk for data migration.
Macrium Reflect can create full, incremental and differential backup images, or selectively back up individual files and folders. Data is compressed and encrypted in real time using LZ-based compression and AES encryption algorithms. Images can be mounted as a drive letter in Windows Explorer and restored using a custom Macrium Reflect Rescue CD. In the event of a partial or complete system loss, this image can be used to restore the entire disk, one or more partitions, or individual files and folders.
Macrium Reflect can clone one disk onto another, and restore an image to new hardware. Using a pre-created Macrium Reflect Rescue CD, critical drivers required by the new system can be inserted into the image taken from the old system, making it compatible with the new hardware.
Macrium Site Manager
An unsupported free edition is available for home and commercial use, which lacks some features of the full versions, such as incremental backup (though it includes differential backup). It is still unusually powerful for a free tool, offering many features rarely seen outside of expensive commercial products.
- Horowitz, Michael. "A hit and a miss from The Tech Guy". Computerworld. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Williams, Mike. "Macrium Reflect Free 6.3.1821 - Backup & Recovery - Downloads".
- "For Simple Hard Drive Imaging Needs, Macrium Reflect Free Fits the Bill".
- "Macrium Reflect Free Review: Best Disk Imaging Software". 1 November 2013.
- "Step-by-step instruct on creating image: Macrium - Windows Secrets Lounge".
- http://askleo.com, Leo A. Notenboom -. "Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect 5.0". ask-leo.com.
- "Why do you prefer Macrium Reflect over Windows 7's backup program? - Ask Leo!". 3 April 2014.
- "How to Create a Full-Disk Backup of Your PC with Macrium Reflect".
- How to Clone a Laptop Hard Drive Using Macrium Reflect Free (archived), wikiHow
- Jacobi, Jon L. "For Simple Hard Drive Imaging Needs, Macrium Reflect Free Fits the Bill". PCWorld. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Peers, Nick. "How to use Macrium Reflect Free to back up your PC". TechRadar. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Télécharger Macrium Reflect Free pour Windows". Clubic (in French). Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Gračanin, M. "Popularni specijalac". BUG. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Martin Brinkmann. "Macrium Reflect 6 Free gets differential backups and auto verification". Ghacks. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Jacobi, Jon L. "Macrium Reflect Free". PCWorld. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Da Costa, Andre. "Create a Windows 10 System Image using the Best Free Alternatives". groovypost. Retrieved 28 August 2017.