This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2014.1 running on OS X Yosemite
|Initial release||December 1997|
CC 2018 (220.127.116.1136) / October 19, 2017
|Type||HTML editor, programming tool, integrated development environment (IDE)|
Adobe Dreamweaver is a proprietary web development tool developed by Adobe Systems. Dreamweaver was created by Macromedia in 1997, and was maintained by them until Macromedia was acquired by Adobe Systems in 2005.
Adobe Dreamweaver CC is a web design and development application that combines a visual design surface known as Live View and a code editor with standard features such as syntax highlighting, code completion, and code collapsing as well as more sophisticated features such as real-time syntax checking and code introspection for generating code hints to assist the user in writing code. Combined with an array of site management tools, Dreamweaver lets its users design, code and manage websites, as well as mobile content. Dreamweaver is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) tool. You can live preview of changes for the frontend. Dreamweaver is positioned as a versatile web design and development tool that enables visualization of web content while coding.
Dreamweaver, like other HTML editors, edits files locally then uploads them to the remote web server using FTP, SFTP, or WebDAV. Dreamweaver CS4 now supports the Subversion (SVN) version control system.
- Active Server Pages (ASP).
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Extensible HyperText Markup Language (XHTML)
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT)
- HyperText Markup Language (HTML)
- Visual Basic (VB)
- Visual Basic Script Edition (VBScript)
- Wireless Markup Language (WML)
Users can add their own language syntax highlighting. In addition, code completion is available for many of these languages.
Internationalization and localization
Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 is available in the following languages: Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean (Windows only), Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
Specific features for Arabic and Hebrew languages
The older Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 also features a Middle Eastern version that allows typing Arabic, Persian, Urdu, or Hebrew text (written from right to left) within the code view. Whether the text is fully Middle Eastern (written from right to left) or includes both English and Middle Eastern text (written left to right and right to left), it will be displayed properly.
|Legend:||Old version||Older version, still supported||Current stable version||Latest preview version||Future release|
|Developer||Major version||Minor update||Release date||Notes|
|Macromedia||Old version, no longer supported: 1.0||1.0||December 1997||First version. Mac OS only.|
|1.2||March 1998||First Windows version|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2.0||2.0||December 1998|
|Old version, no longer supported: 3.0||3.0||December 1999|
|UltraDev 1.0||June 2000|
|Old version, no longer supported: 4.0||4.0||December 2000|
|UltraDev 4.0||December 2000|
|Old version, no longer supported: 6.0||MX||29 May 2002|
|Old version, no longer supported: 7.0||MX 2004||10 September 2003|
|Old version, no longer supported: 8.0||8.0||13 September 2005||Last Macromedia version. Included with Adobe CS2.3.|
|Adobe Systems||Old version, no longer supported: 9.0||CS3||16 April 2007||Replaces Adobe GoLive in Adobe Creative Suite|
|Old version, no longer supported: 10.0||CS4||23 September 2008|
|Old version, no longer supported: 11.0||CS5||12 April 2010|
|Old version, no longer supported: 11.5||CS5.5||12 April 2011||Supports HTML5.|
|Older version, yet still supported: 12.0||CS6||21 April 2012||A perpetual license (download without ongoing payments) version and a cloud (subscription) version exist with differing menu structure.|
|Older version, yet still supported: 13.0||Creative Cloud||17 June 2013||The perpetual license option is dropped in this version.|
|Older version, yet still supported: 14.0||CC 2014||18 June 2014||DOM visualization tool, Live View upgrades, CSS Designer upgrades.|
|Older version, yet still supported: 15.0||CC 2014.1||6 October 2014||Ability to view and extract design info and images from Photoshop documents (PSDs), new templates, Live View upgrades, and 64-bit architecture.|
|Older version, yet still supported: 16.0||CC 2015||16 June 2015||Responsive design capabilities with visual media query bars, direct integration with the Bootstrap framework, ability to preview and inspect content on mobile devices, and improvements to the code editor.|
|Older version, yet still supported: 17.0||CC 2017||2 Nov 2016||Adobe release notes - Redesigned code editor, CSS pre-processor support, real-time preview in browser, quick editing of related code files, changes to UI|
|Current stable version: 18.0||CC 2018||19 Oct 2017||Adobe release notes - URL Test Button, Save Credentials, Search Bar support, Conflict icon is now displayed|
- "Dreamweaver system requirements".. Retrieved on 2013-07-21.
- "Adobe Completes Acquisition of Macromedia" (PDF). Press Releases. Adobe, Inc. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "Learn to build dynamic websites and web applications". Dreamweaver Developer Center. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "Adobe Dreamweaver CS5: System Requirements and languages". Adobe Systems Incorporated. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "New Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional Enhances Adobe Creative Suite 2.3". Adobe Systems. 18 September 2006. Archived from the original on 23 March 2007. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
Adobe Creative Suite 2.3 Premium also bundles Dreamweaver® 8
- Adobe's Subscription-Only CC Release Carries Obvious Upside But Big Risk | Forbes
- Adobe exec: Creative Cloud complainers will love us once they try us (interview), VentureBeat
- Adobe's Move to the Cloud Incites Anger and Other Top Comments, Mashable
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Reactions, responses and reassurance | Macworld UK
- Neil Bennett (15 May 2013) Analysis: The real reason Adobe ditched Creative Suite for Creative Cloud, Retrieved on 2013-07-21, www.digitalartsonline.co.uk
- Adobe’s Creative Cloud Sparks Thunderous Revolt, 25 May 2013, truth-out.org
- Some Artists Give Adobe's Cloud Switch a Critical Review Archived June 16, 2013, at Archive.is, Fox Business
- "Adobe Unveils Milestone 2015 Creative Cloud Release", News Release, Adobe Systems, 16 June 2015.
- "New features summary: Adobe Dreamweaver CC (2015 release)", Dreamweaver Help, Adobe Systems.
|Wikiversity has learning resources about Adobe Dreamweaver|