This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
San Diego, California
|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
|Products||Help authoring tool technical documentation|
MadCap Software is an American computer software firm headquartered in San Diego, California that creates help authoring tools and solutions for technical writers and documentations teams. Several principal managers, software engineers, and support personnel were recruited from rival firms, such as Adobe Systems and Macromedia, to found MadCap Software. MadCap's authoring tools are all based on xHTML.
Some of MadCap Software's founders were associated with eHelp and its core product, RoboHelp, a help authoring tool. After it was bought by Macromedia in 2003, the eHelp developers were laid off. MadCap co-founder Bjorn Backlund had headed the RoboHelp development team. He saw an opportunity to compete with RoboHelp by rewriting the program using XML and expanding the software. MadCap's founding CEO, Anthony Olivier, had been eHelp's CEO.
- MadCap Flare, a content authoring tool that generates output in various formats, including HTML5, Eclipse Help, Microsoft Compiled HTML Help, Microsoft Word, PDF, EPUB, and WebHelp
- MadCap Central, a cloud-based solution for hosting, project management, build automation and task management
- MadCap Doc-To-Help, an authoring and publishing tool for users who want to create and manage content in a familiar Microsoft® Word environment
- MadCap Capture, a screen capture tool
- MadCap Contributor, content review for subject matter experts, managers
- MadCap Lingo, a CAT tool used with Flare, Word, PowerPoint
- MadCap Mimic, a tool for recording tutorials and software simulations
- MadCap Pulse, analytic and social collaboration tool
MadCap Flare Plugins
- The Kaizen Plugin is a free productivity plugin for MadCap Flare, developed by Sander Improvement Software AB, based in Sweden.
- The MadCap Connect for Salesforce® plugin for MadCap Flare, developed by MadCap Software.
- The MadCap Connect for Zendesk plugin for MadCap Flare, developed by MadCap Software.
- The Author-it® Converter for MadCap Flare, developed by MadCap Software.
- "MadCap Software About Us". MadCap Software. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "Outsourced but not outdone | The San Diego Union-Tribune". legacy.sandiegouniontribune.com. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- Hall, Mark (January 8, 2007), "Authoring tools tussle will get rowdier later this year", Computerworld, 41 (2): 10
- Official website
- The Official MadCap Software Forum
- MadCap Flare Review at PCWorld
- The Kaizen Plugin for Flare
|This United States software corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|