|• Total||30.17 km2 (11.65 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,400/km2 (6,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Madakasira is located at  It has an average elevation of 676 metres (2221 ft). The height of the Madakasira hill is 2936 feet from the Sea Level. Around Madagasira there are numerous isolated Peaks and Rocky Clusters which are devoid of any vegetation. Madakasira town is cooler compared to the climate of elsewhere in Anantapur District, hence aptly known as Ooty of Anantapur District..
There are more than 20 villages in the Madakasira Mandal, they are Halukur, Amidalagondi, Maruvapalli, E Achampalli, Kothalam, Chandakacherela, Gowdanahalli, R Anantapuram, Chatram, Mallinayakkanahalli, Madakasira, Melavoi, Govindapuram, Jadrahalli, Karesankanahalli, Yerrabommanahalli, Upperlahalli, Haresamudram, Bullasamudram, Manur, Kallumarri, C Kodigapalle and Thirumaladevarahalli. Mandals in this Assembly region are Madakasira, Amarapuram, Rolla, Gudibanda and Agali.
There are many historical places near Madakasira related to Lord Shiva and numerous other temples and inscriptions.In Madakasira you can find a very big hill with a fort and a temple on its top build by Vijayanagara Samrajam. The town has recently constructed a very big Shirdi Sai Baba Temple 
- Total Population: 73,222 in 15,413 Households.
- Male Population: 37,344 and Female Population: 35,878
- Children Under 6-years of age: 9,709 (Boys - 4,972 and Girls - 4,739)
- Total Literates: 34,120
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "List of Sub-Districts". Census of India. Retrieved 2007-05-29.
- Fallingrain genomics. Madakasira
- Sewell, Robert (1882). Lists of the antiquarian remains in the Presidency of Madras. Printed by E. Keys, at the Government Press. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Madakasira mandal at Our Village India.org