|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
There are many historical places near Madakasira related to Lord Shiva and numerous other temples and inscriptions.In Madakasira you can find a very big hill with a fort and a temple on its top build by Vijayanagara Samrajam.The height of the Madakasira hill is 2936 feet from the Sea Level. Madakasira town is quite cool compare to the climate of Anantapur District. The town is known as Ooty of Anantapur District. Mandals in this Assembly segment are Madakasira, Amarapuram, Rolla, Gudibanda and Agali. There are 20 villages in the Madakasira Mandal, they are Halukur, Amidalagondi, Kothalam, Chandakacherela, Gowdanahalli, Anantapuram, Chatram, Mallinayakkanahalli, Madakasira, Melavoi, Govindapuram, Jadrahalli, Karesankanahalli, Yerrabommanahalli, Upperlahalli, Haresamudram, Bullasamudram, Manur, Kallumarri, C Kodigapalle and Thirumaladevarahalli. There are numerous isolated Peaks and Rocky Clusters which are devoid of any vegetation. The town has recently constructed a very big Shirdi Sai Baba Temple. Lots of devotees visit this Temple every day.
Madakasira is located at  It has an average elevation of 676 metres (2221 ft)..
The medium of education is in Telugu and English, but the language of communication in the Madakasira constituency is Kannada because of it shares three sides of the geographical border with Karnataka. Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University's College of Agricultural Engineering is there in Madakasira town Near Ranga puram Gate, Penukonda Road.
- Total Population: 73,222 in 15,413 Households.
- Male Population: 37,344 and Female Population: 35,878
- Children Under 6-years of age: 9,709 (Boys - 4,972 and Girls - 4,739)
- Total Literates: 34,120
- "List of Sub-Districts". Census of India. Retrieved 2007-05-29.
- Sewell, Robert (1882). Lists of the antiquarian remains in the Presidency of Madras. Printed by E. Keys, at the Government Press. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Fallingrain genomics. Madakasira
- Madakasira mandal at Our Village India.org