|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Thodupuzhastate_name = Kerala
Madakkathanam (മടക്കത്താനം) is on the Main Eastern Highway ( Muvattupuzha - Pathanamthitta- Punalur Road / SH - 08 ). This place is just 4 km away from Thodupuzha Town. Thodupuzha river ( തൊടുപുഴയാര് ) flows through the side of Madakkathanam.
There is an amazing Suspension Bridge in Madakkatnanam across Thodupuzha river. Many Christian, Hindu and Muslim families have made this place their home. The majority are Roman Catholic Demographics of Syria Syrian Christians. This place is mainly a housing area and the main occupation of people are agriculture and trade.
St.Thomas Forane Church, Mylacombu, one of the main Christian pilgrimage centers in the Ernakulam district is just 2 km away from Madakkathanam. This place has some of the famous Hindu temples such as Vanarkavu temple, Kurinjilikkattu temple and'Theeyaattam'(തീയാട്ടം)in Vanarkavu Temple is very famous in Central Kerala. This place have a Mosc named 'MADAKKATHANAM JUMA MASJID'. There is a small mound called 'Aanappara'(ആനപ്പാറ) in Madakkathanam near Mylacombu - Madakkathanam road. In the centre portion of Aanappara, there is a small pool called 'Thavalakkulam'(തവളക്കുളം). The view of sunrise and sunset from Aanappara is very nice.
Maniyanthram hill (Bellmachine-മണിയന്ത്രം)is just few km away from Madakkathanam. We can really enjoy the beautiful series of gentle hills, valleys and green slopes from the top station of Maniyanthram hill!
- St Thomas college, Mylacombu
- St Ritas HS School, Mylacombu
- St.Pauls L P School, Madakkathanam
- Vimala Matha Higher Secondary School Kadalikkad Official Website : vimalamathahss.com
- N S S L P School, Kappu Madakkathanam
- SH Hospital, Paynkulam http://www.shhospitalpaynkulam.com/
- Govt. Homeo Hospital,Kadalikad
Madakkathanam Juma Masjid
- St. Thomas Forane Church, Mylacombu
- Vimala Matha Church, Kadalikad http://www.kadalikadchurch.org/
Places in and around Madakkathanam