|Born||1941 or 1942
Sampaloc, Manila, Philippines
|Occupation||Actress, astrological consultant|
Madam Auring (born Aurea Sabalboro in Sampaloc, Manila) is a fortune teller and actress from the Philippines. According to her own account, she was one of "the five most famous women in Asia in the 1990s"
The daughter of Luciana Damian and Jaime Sabalboro, Aurea Sabalboro grew up in a poor family and was not educated beyond elementary school. When she was 23, her father forced her to marry Ramon Ertelo, a young architect who took her to her home after a party. The couple had four children before their marriage ended. Madam Auring bore two more children as a result of later relationships.
Auring shot to fame when she correctly predicted Amparo Muñoz winning the 1974 Miss Universe title. Due to this event, she gained popularity, causing the boxer Muhammad Ali, who was in Manila at that time due to the "Thrilla in Manila" boxing event, to seek her advice. The American fortune teller, Phyllis Bury had predicted Ali's loss against Joe Frazier but Auring correctly predicted his win. As a result, Ali gave her the nickname "Madam Auring".
After this success, well-known personalities such as First Lady Imelda Marcos, Nora Aunor, Fernando Poe, Jr., President Joseph Estrada, Rolando Navarette, and Hollywood actors Robert Duvall and Franco Nero would later seek her advice. She fell in love with Larry Holmes, with whom she had a relationship before he was married to his girlfriend in the United States.
Her other notable predictions included that of President Fidel V. Ramos’ win over rival Miriam Defensor Santiago, the death of starlet Claudia Zobel; the full and unimpeached term of Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and the break-up of Shalani Soledad and Benigno Aquino III in 2010.
|2000||Masarap habang mainit|
|2004||I Will Survive|
|2005||Pelukang itim: Agimat ko ito for victory again|
|2006||Reyna: Ang makulay na pakikipagsapalaran ng mga achucherva, achuchuva, achechenes...|
|2007||Apat dapat, dapat apat: Friends 4 lyf and death|
|2008||Manay po 2: Overload|
|2008||Iskul Bukol: 20 Years After (The Ungasis and Escaleras Adventure)|
|2011||Tunay na Buhay|
- 'Madame Auring' named. Philippine Daily Inquirer – November 1, 2000
- Miss Universe pageant stirs prophecies, brawls. New Straits Times – May 20, 1994
- You won't believe what Madam Auring had to do to stay in the headlines. The Philippine Daily Inquirer, October 15, 2006.
- Madam Auring: A most interesting person to know | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online. Mb.com.ph (2009-06-15). Retrieved on 2011-08-11.
- Boy Villasanta Madam Auring sees no 2010 wedding for Noynoy, Shalani. ABS-CBN News. 6 October 2010
- Eddie Gil, ayaw kay Madam Auring. The Philippine Star.