Madan Mitra in 2012
|Former Minister In Charge Sports & Transport ,Govt. of West Bengal|
May 20, 2011 – Nov 18,2015
|Preceded by||Subrata Bakshi|
|Succeeded by||Aroop Biswas & Mamata Banerjee|
|Preceded by||Manas Mukherjee|
|Succeeded by||Manas Mukherjee|
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Occupation||Politician. Former Minister of Transport, Government of West Bengal|
Madan Mitra (মদন মিত্র) is an Indian politician and former MLA, elected from the Kamarhati constituency in the West Bengal state assembly election, 2011. He was arrested by CBI for his alleged involvement in Saradha scam on December 12, 2014 . He was the Minister of State for Sports (Independent Charge) and Transport in the Government of West Bengal, but resigned on November 18, 2015 upon cancellation of his bail citing that he is still functioning as a cabinet minister in the state government.  He has been granted bail by Alipore Court,Kolkata which was retained by the Calcutta High Court when CBI challenged the bail order.
- "Profile of Mr. Madan Mitra" (PDF). Department of Fisheries. n.d. Retrieved November 24, 2014.
- "Mamata allots portfolios, keeps key ministries". IBNLive.
- "All the didi's men".
- "Ministers in Mamata's Cabinet". Government of West Bengal. 21 May 2011. Archived from the original on 5 October 2011. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- "CBI arrests West Bengal Transport Minister Madan Mitra in the multi-crore Saradha chit fund scam". IBNLive.
- "Saradha scam: CBI arrests Mamata's close aide and Bengal minister Madan Mitra". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-01-12.
- "Former TMC minister Madan Mitra granted bail". The Hindu.
|This article about a West Bengal politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|