Madara Cosmetics

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
MADARA Cosmetics
Limited company
Industry Cosmetics
Founded July 28, 2006
Headquarters Riga, Latvia
Products Body lotion, Balm, Skin care
Number of employees
30
Website www.madara-cosmetics.com

MADARA Cosmetics also known as MADARA, is a Latvian manufacturer of organic skin care products. The ingredients include biologically certified blossoms and herbal extracts from the Baltic region.[1] The brand name MADARA is the Latvian name for a common inhabitant of Baltic meadows - Galium mollugo, commonly known as bedstraw or wild madder. Its spatial pattern or fractal is also depicted in logo of MADARA Cosmetics which received the EULDA/WOLDA[2] award and the title "Best of Latvia" in 2007.[3]

Products[edit]

The company produces 22 face and body care products made from herbs and flowers harvested in the Baltic region according to organic farming principles.[4][5] Products include cleansers, toners and moisturizers for face, tinted moisturizers, shower soaps, body cream and lotions and products for lips.[6] MADARA products are certified by ECOCERT[7] and packaged in FSC certified, recyclable packaging.[8]

Certification[edit]

ECOCERT is a voluntary standard, which certifies cosmetics products, attesting to the natural origin of the product. ECOCERT is present in more than 80 countries, performing the regular inspection and certification of eco-products.[9] In order to earn a certificate, the product must contain at least 95% natural ingredients. The remaining 5% of ingredients are strictly regulated, monitoring the presence of minerals, organic acids, and other materials. A minimum of 95% of the plant-based ingredients (for example, plant extracts and vegetable oils) must be biologically certified.[10] ECOCERT prohibits the use of synthetic perfumes, synthetic preservatives (for example, parabens), mineral oil, propylene glycol, and other synthetic raw materials.

References[edit]

  1. ^ "WWF Deeper Luxury report: quality and style when the world matters[permanent dead link], Retrieved on 2009-10-07
  2. ^ "Worldwide Logo Design Annual"
  3. ^ http://www.eulda.com/2007/
  4. ^ "Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 of 28 June 2007 on organic production and labelling of organic products and repealing Regulation (EEC) No 2092/91", Retrieved on 2009-10-07
  5. ^ "COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 889/2008 of 5 September 2008 laying down detailed rules for the implementation of Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 on organic production and labelling of organic products with regard to organic production, labelling and control", Retrieved on 2009-10-07
  6. ^ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-10-05. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
  7. ^ "ECOCERT certified companies and products" Archived 2008-05-17 at the Wayback Machine., Retrieved on 2009-10-07
  8. ^ States, Forest Stewardship Council® – United. "Home". FSC United States. Retrieved 2018-08-31.
  9. ^ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-01-24. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
  10. ^ "ECOCERT Standards for natural and organic cosmetics"[permanent dead link], Retrieved on 2009-10-07

External links[edit]