16 September 1994 
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
Gold Coast Fashion Week
Gabriel was 12 when she was named the official face of Australia's annual Gold Coast Fashion Week in September 2007 being chosen ahead of models fifteen years her senior. Child protection groups were outraged and then-prime minister John Howard publicly disagreed with the choice, saying 12 years old was "too young" for modelling.
Following the Gold Coast Fashion Week, Gabriel generated interest from many international modeling agencies including Chadwick's and Ford Models, but signed with Elite Models in July 2008. She has since signed with Storm in London and Fashion in Milan and is now represented by Dally's in Brisbane Queensland and Chic in Sydney.
She was featured, along with other models, in Bryan Ferry's video for "You Can Dance", released during the summer of 2010 from his upcoming album Olympia. She will appear as an extra in the upcoming Australian drama Water Police. She has worked in New York, London, Milan and Sydney in various rolls, including catwalk and photographic modeling.
Gabriel was born to Brian Gabriel and Michelle Gabriel and has a sister, Brooke. Gabriel was able to travel to New York, Milan and London and also continue her studies at school. She completed year 12 and also a beauty therapy diploma while studying year 12. She is now working as a beatuy therapist and intended to attend university in 2013.
She is taking a break from modeling while she completes her studies.
In October 2008, it became known that American convicted sex predator Martin Robertson wrote to Australian newspaper The Sunday Telegraph from his Texas prison cell, where he is incarcerated until 2057, requesting articles about Gabriel for a book he claimed to be writing. Gabriel's mother criticized the media for widely reporting the concerns that her daughter was too young to be a catwalk model, resulting in Robertson learning of her daughter.
- "Lolita-Lipped Model Creates Uproar on Australian Runway (ABC News)".
- "Maddison Gabriel's comp card for Tamblyn Models".
- "Story on the MedIndia website". Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "medindia" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Model Maddison laughs off critics (Sydney Morning Herald)". The Sydney Morning Herald. 14 September 2007.
- Parker, Eloise (19 September 2007). "13 year old Maddison Gabriel is the kitten of the catwalk (New York Daily News)".
- "Say Sorry to my Maddi (Sidney Morning Herald)". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "Official Page".
- "Maddison Gabriel Elite Page on Lookbooks".
- "Tamblyn New Model Discovery previous winners".
- "Maddison Gabriel page on StarNow Australia".
- "Bryan Ferry "You Can Dance" video credits".
- "Our latest model just 12 years old(The Herald Sun)".
- "Sex predator hunts teen models (The Sunday Telegraph)".