Made in Jersey
|Made in Jersey|
|Created by||Dana Calvo|
|Theme music composer|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Running time||43 minutes|
|Original release||September 28 –|
December 29, 2012
Made in Jersey is an American legal drama television series that aired on CBS from September 28 to December 29, 2012. The network ordered the series in May 2012. On October 10, 2012, after only two episodes aired, it was canceled and removed from the network's schedule, making it the first canceled series of the 2012–13 television season. On November 5, 2012, it was announced that CBS had planned to burn off the remaining six episodes beginning Saturday, November 24.
A streetwise attorney, born and raised in New Jersey in a close Italian-American family, makes the transition from the state prosecutor's office in Trenton to a posh New York City law firm, where she must defend her clients while surviving her colleagues' skepticism.
Cast and characters
- Janet Montgomery as Martina Garretti, a streetwise, first-year lawyer born and raised in a blue collar family in New Jersey who gets a job at the high powered law firm of Stark & Rowan in New York. She was an ex-assistant district attorney.
- Toni Trucks as Cyndi Vega, Martina's secretary at the firm and her best friend.
- Erin Cummings as Bonnie Garretti, Martina's older sister who works as a manicurist.
- Felix Solis as River Brody, the firm's investigator who helps Martina with her cases and is a former Los Angeles Police Department detective.
- Kyle MacLachlan as Donovan Stark, a founding partner at Stark & Rowan.
- Kristoffer Polaha as Nolan Adams, a third-year associate at the firm.
- Megalyn Echikunwoke as Riley Prescott, a second-year associate at the firm who is the daughter of the former United States Ambassador to Sweden and Martina's foil.
- Donna Murphy as Darlene Garretti, Martina's mother.
Pablo Schreiber as Luke Aronson, a lawyer at the firm who was Martina's love interest, and Stephanie March as Natalie Minka, an established lawyer at the firm who is turned off by Martina's style, were originally cast as series regulars but only appeared in the pilot. They were replaced by Polaha and Echikunwoke, respectively.
- Jessica Blank as Deb Garretti Keenan, Martina's married older sister
- Michael Drayer as Albert Garretti, Martina's brother
- Lewis Grosso as Joseph Keenan, Martina's brother-in-law
- Joseph Siravo as Gavin Garretti, Martina's brother
- Drew Beasley as Charlie Garretti, Martina's brother
- Nicolette Pierini as Annika Keenan
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|1||"Pilot"||Mark Waters||Dana Calvo||September 28, 2012||101||7.82|
|2||"Cacti"||Adam Davidson||Brett Conrad||October 5, 2012||102||6.78|
|3||"Camelot"||Mark Waters||Dana Calvo||November 24, 2012||105||2.52|
|4||"Payday"||Victor Nelli||Kevin Falls||December 1, 2012||104||5.13|
|5||"Wingman"||Jeff Bleckner||Alicia Kirk||December 22, 2012||103||2.47|
|6||"Ancient History"||Vincent Misiano||Alfonso H. Moreno||December 22, 2012||106||2.98|
|7||"The Farm"||Adam Davidson||Katie Wech||December 29, 2012||107||2.94|
|8||"Ridgewell"||Eric Stoltz||Jan Nash||December 29, 2012||108||2.81|
In Canada, the show has been picked up by Global Television Network, where it aired on the same night as the American broadcast, but at different times depending on the region and simultaneous substitution opportunities. In Portugal, it premiered on TVSéries on October 18, 2012.
The show was met with mixed reviews from critics, with a score of 43 out of 100 based on 18 reviews from Metacritic. Despite stating that it "sounds from a bare-bones description as if it were a cloddish comedy that deserves immediate cancellation," Neil Genzlinger of The New York Times added that "if the show's writers can deepen the characters, Made in Jersey just might continue to be worth watching."
- "CBS Announces 2012-2013 Premiere Dates". The Futon Critic. July 11, 2012. Retrieved July 21, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 13, 2012). "CBS Picks Up Four New Drama Series & Two Comedies: Is A 'CSI' Spinoff Going Away?". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 17, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 10, 2012). "'Made in Jersey' Cancelled; 'Undercover Boss' Returns Friday, November 2 at 8PM". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 12, 2012. Retrieved October 10, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Made in Jersey: Canceled TV Series Returns to CBS". TV Series Finale. November 5, 2012. Retrieved November 16, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Fisher, Luchina. "Meet Newest 'Twilight' Vampire: Toni Trucks," ABC News, Monday, November 12, 2012.
- Sullivan, Brian Ford. "The Futon's First Look: Made in Jersey (CBS)," The Futon Critic, Monday, July 23, 2012.
- Lowry, Brian. "Made in Jersey" (television review), Variety (magazine), Wednesday, September 26, 2012.
- Made in Jersey (About the Show) – CBS Entertainment.
- Roots, Kimberly (July 5, 2012). "Exclusive: Ringer's Kristoffer Polaha Joins CBS' Made in Jersey as Series Regular". TV Line. Retrieved November 16, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Roots, Kimberly. "Fall TV Exclusive: CBS' Made in Jersey Casts 90210 's Megalyn Echikunwoke," TVLine, Wednesday, July 18, 2012.
- Wiegand, David. "Made in Jersey review: No Shore thing," San Francisco Chronicle, Wednesday, September 26, 2012.
- Jeffery, Morgan. "The Wire star Pablo Schreiber exits CBS drama Made in Jersey," Digital Spy, Thursday, May 24, 2012.
- Mann, Camille. "Made in Jersey debut shows life of struggling lawyer," CBS News, Friday, September 28, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (October 1, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: '20/20' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 4, 2012. Retrieved October 1, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 8, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up, No Adjustments for 'Grimm', 'Fringe' or 'Made in Jersey'". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on September 28, 2015. Retrieved September 12, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Amanda Kondolojy (November 25, 2012). "TV Ratings Saturday: Notre Dame Football Dominates Night + 'Made in Jersey' Burnoff Begins". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on November 28, 2012.
- "TV Ratings Saturday: College Football More Wonderful Than 'It's A Wonderful Life' - Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on 2012-12-04. Retrieved 2012-12-13. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- TV Ratings Saturday: 'Cops' Ticks Up, 'Made in Jersey' Burnoff Continues + 'WWE Tribute to the Troops' Flops
- TV Ratings Saturday: 'The Mob Doctor' Beats 'Made In Jersey' in Battle of the Burn-Offs; '48 Hours' Up
- Made in Jersey: Season 1
- Genzlinger, Neil. "Some Melting-Pot Law Office: Newcomer From Next Door Brings Culture Clash", The New York Times, Friday, September 28, 2012.