From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Madeira or madeira in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Madeira (the Portuguese word for wood) is the name of a group of islands in the Atlantic Ocean, an autonomous region of Portugal and a popular holiday destination. It is also the name of the largest of the islands.
It may also refer to:
- Other places
- the Madeira River, one of the tributaries of the Amazon River in South America
- Madeira, Ohio, a city in the United States
- Madeira Beach, Florida, another American city
- In food
- Phil Madeira (born 1952), an American songwriter, producer, musician and singer from Nashville, Tennessee
- Jamila Madeira (born 1975), a Portuguese socialist politician and Member of the European Parliament
- George Madeira (1836–1922), a mining engineer and mineralogist who founded the first astronomical observatory in California
- Other uses
- the Madeira School, a private girls' school in Virginia, United States
- Madeira (shipwreck), a schooner-barge which sank on the north shore of Lake Superior in November 1905
- Miss Madeira, a 2011 novel by Austin Gary
- Universidade da Madeira, a public university in Madeira
- Project Madeira, a business process management solution by Microsoft
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Madeira.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.