Madhavrao Scindia Cricket Ground
|Location||Rajkot, Saurashtra, India|
|Owner||Rajkot Municipal Corporation|
|Operator||Saurashtra Cricket Association|
|Tenants||Indian Cricket Team
Saurashtra cricket team
|First ODI||7 October 1989:
India v Australia
|Last ODI||15 December 2009:
India v Sri Lanka
|As of 12 October 2016
The stadium is used exclusively for staging cricket matches and has staged 10 ODI matches since 1986.
Madhavrao Scindia Cricket Ground is also used for staging first class cricket. It has hosted 86 first class cricket match.
The ground dimensions being comparatively small and the pitch usually batsman-friendly contributed to some enormous scores in the past. New Zealand scored 349/5 in 2001, India scored 387/5 in 2008 but the best ever was in the Game between India and Sri Lanka on 15 Dec 2009 when India scored 414 runs (then highest ever in Indian history) but Sri Lanka almost won the contest and ended up with 411/8, just 3 runs short. Madhavrao Scindia Cricket Ground was abandoned as an international venue when the Saurashtra Cricket Association built the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium in 2008 on the outskirts of the city at Khanderi village on Jamnagar highway, spread over 40 acres (160,000 m2), some 10 km from Rajkot, Gujarat.
This stadium has a spectator capacity of 28,000 and plays host to international and IPL matches. The new stadium is a modern complex which has a cricket ground & stadium, basketball, tennis, volleyball, badminton and squash courts, a swimming pool and an indoor stadium.
- The highest partnership at the Madhavrao Scindia Cricket Ground is 196 by SC Ganguly & Virendar Sehwag for India against West Indies in the 2003/2004 season.
- The highest score by an individual batsman at the Madhavrao Scindia Cricket Ground is 160 by Tillakaratne Dilshan for Sri Lanka against India on 15,Dec 2009
- The highest ODI total at the Madhavrao Scindia Cricket Ground is 414/7 by India against Sri Lanka in the 2009 season it is also the second Highest ODI Score for India.
- The lowest ODI total at the Madhavrao Scindia Cricket Ground is 176/9 by West Indies against Sri Lanka in the 1998 season.
- "Cricket Archive: First class matches played", Retrieved on 24 December 2007
- "From an article of TOI", Retrieved on 24 December 2007
- "A article from Projects Monitor", Retrieved on 24 December 2007
- "Madhavrao Scindia Cricket Ground, Rajkot Ground Records", Retrieved on 13 November 2008
|This article about an Indian sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a cricket ground is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|