Madhu Shalini spotted at CCL 3
|Born||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Occupation||Actress, Model, Anchor|
Madhu Shalini was born in Hyderabad, Telangana, her father Hameed is a businessman and her mother Raj Kumari an advocate and a classical dancer. Like her mother she also learned Kuchipudi, before taking part in a beauty contest, which she won and which paved her way for a modelling career. After working as a television anchor for a short while, she soon ventured into film business, turning an actress.
She made her feature film debut with the film, E. V. V. Satyanarayana's Kithakithalu opposite Allari Naresh, released in 2006, went to become a very successful venture. The same year, she had appeared in two more Telugu films, namely Teja's Oka V Chitram as part of an ensemble cast, and Aganthakudu. 2007 she starred in the Telugu action comedy State Rowdy, a remake of the successful Tamil K. S. Ravikumar-directorial Aethiree, with Madhu Shalini playing a Brahmin girl character, played by Kanika in the original. She made her Tamil film debut later that year with the low-budget feature Pazhaniappa Kalloori,
She later signed to play the lead female in D. Sabhapathy's Telugu project Happy Journey, while she also agreed to appear in the director's next Tamil venture, Pathinaaru, which, despite being heavily delayed, became her next release. Though the film received mixed reviews and fared averagely at the box office, Madhu Shalini's performance as Indhu received positive reviews, with critics citing that she performed her role "with consummate ease", was "adequate in her role", and acted "like a pro". Her subsequent release, Karalu Miriyalu, likewise, released to negative reviews, while her performance, however, met with favorable remarks from critics, with one reviewer claiming that she "looks pretty and dishes out a pleasing work", further noting that it was a pity that she does not get to work in any "big projects". She eventually got her big break as she was cast by noted National Film Award-winning filmmaker Bala for his comedy flick Avan Ivan. She disclosed that Bala selected her without even auditioning her, after numerous girls were auditioned for the role, with none of them measuring up to Bala's expectations. Madhu Shalini would play a college student in the film, for which she did not apply any makeup, while also dubbing for herself for the first time.
She made her Bollywood debut in Ram Gopal Varma's Department that featured her as a gun moll alongside Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt and Rana Daggubati. She collaborated with Ram Gopal Varma again later that year on the horror flick Bhoot Returns and two years later on the psychological thriller Anukshanam. Madhu Shalini will be seen as a reporter in Gopala Gopala lastly she was seen in Thoongavanam Tamil movie as Esther as nurse and as Seetha in Seethavalokanam.
|Naa Pranam Kante Ekkuva||Chandrika||Telugu|||
|Oka V Chitram||Telugu|||
|2007||State Rowdy||Vimala Sarma||Telugu|
|Kaaralu Miriyalu||Shreya Aravind||Telugu|
|2015||Gopala Gopala||DD TV reporter||Telugu|
- "Madhu Shalini talks about Films >> Tollywood Star Interviews". Ragalahari.com. 13 June 2006. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Naa Pranamkante Ekkuva – audio function – Telugu Cinema – Dr. Nirajj & Madhu Shalini – Sashi Preetam". Idlebrain.com. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Friday Review Hyderabad / On Location : Comedy with a message". The Hindu (India). 9 March 2007. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
-  Archived 11 August 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- "State Rowdy Review – Telugu Movie Review by Kishore". Nowrunning.com. 9 December 2007. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "It's talent that matters: Madhu". Times Of India. 29 January 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Pathinaru Tamil Movie Review – cinema preview stills gallery trailer video clips showtimes". IndiaGlitz. 28 January 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Pathinaaru Movie Review – Tamil Movie Pathinaaru Movie Review". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Review: Pathinaru is average – Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 28 January 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Karalu Miriyalu Review - Karalu Miriyalu Movie Review on fullhyd.com". Fullhyderabad.com. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Karalu Miriyalu Review | Karalu Miriyalu Movie Review | Navkesh | Madhu Shalini – Sunita's Reviews". CineGoer.com. 19 March 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Madhu Shalini - Tamil Cinema Actress Interview - Madhu Shalini | Bala | Vishal | Avan Ivan | Arya". Videos.behindwoods.com. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Madhu Shalini turns gangster". Times Of India. 26 August 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Telugu cinema news". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Madhu Shalini in Kannada – Kannada Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Madhu Shalini.|