|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
मधुबनी जिलाمدھوبنی ضلع
|District of Bihar|
Location of Madhubani district in Bihar
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Madhubani, Jhanjharpur|
|• Assembly seats||Harlakhi, Benipatti, Khajauli, Babubarhi, Bisfi, Madhubani, Rajnagar, Jhanjharpur, Phulparas, Laukaha|
|• Total||3,501 km2 (1,352 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,300/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||60.9 per cent|
|• Sex ratio||925|
|Major highways||NH 104, NH 105|
|Average annual precipitation||1273 mm|
Madhubani District is one of the thirty-eight districts of Bihar state, India, and Madhubani town is the administrative headquarters of this district. Madhubani district is a part of Darbhanga Division. The district occupies an area of 3,501 km² and has a population of 3,570,651 (as of 2001[update]). This is the centre of Mithila, a region where the main language is Maithili.
Rivers:Kamala, Bhutahi Balaan, Bachharaja, Balaan, Tirsulla, Jeevachh. Kosi, Dhous, Ghaghr Sugarba Nadi from Chharapatti Village near place is Khutauna market
River Kamala & Kosi is biggest river of this district. Madhubani's most famous village is 'Debhi tola' here many temples namely Debeshwar Nath Mahadev, Sankat Mochan & Baba Dihbar. “Ziraat” an ideal place is also part of Debhi tol. It is constituted between Mithila Deep & Lakhnour Gaon near by Jhanjharpur.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Madhubani one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 36 districts in Bihar currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF). But in last few years there a lot of changes happened This sansk city is going to adopt urbanisation. 
According to the 2011 census Madhubani district has a population of 4,476,044, roughly equal to the nation of Croatia or the US state of Louisiana. This gives it a ranking of 37th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,279 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,310/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 25.19%. Madhubani has a sex ratio of 925 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 43.35%.
- Law, Gwillim (2011-09-25). "Districts of India". Statoids. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
- Srivastava, Dayawanti et al. (ed.) (2010). "States and Union Territories: Bihar: Government". India 2010: A Reference Annual (54th ed.). New Delhi, India: Additional Director General, Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India), Government of India. pp. 1118–1119. ISBN 978-81-230-1617-7.
- "Island Directory Tables: Islands by Land Area". United Nations Environment Program. 1998-02-18. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
North Andros Island 3,439km2
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Croatia 4,483,804 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
|Sitamarhi district||Supaul district|
|Darbhanga district||Saharsa district|