|Madhupur Giridih Koderma line|
|Services||Koderma Madhupur line|
|Line length||149 km (93 mi)|
|Number of tracks||1|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in) Broad gauge|
|Operating speed||Up to 110 km/h|
Madhupur Giridih Koderma line is a section of Indian Railways under Asansol Division of Eastern Railway. It is a 38 km (24 mi) long single 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in) Broad gauge track from Madhupur city in Deoghar District in Santhal Pargana division of Jharkhand state to Giridih in Giridih District of Jharkhand state. This route is being further extended up to Koderma. The construction of 111 km (69 mi) rail line from Giridih to Koderma is going on under Dhanbad Division of East Central Railway.
The Giridih Railway Station was built as a railway siding in 1871 by the British government in India (prior to the India's independence in 1947) mainly for transport of mineral reserve from the region. The contract for the railway siding was awarded in 1865 and the construction was completed in 1871. The siding is owned by Central Coalfields Limited.
A 111 km (69 mi) track from Koderma to Giridih is being constructed. This will extend the Madhupur-Giridih railway line to Koderma, effectively making it a Madhupur-Giridih-Koderma railway line. So far,out of 111 km 86 km railway line from Koderma to Kawar has been completed. A very short distance of 24 km between Kowad to Giridih is still under construction  It may be opened for traffic in the coming years.[when?]
The following is a list of stations that are on the route.
|5||Krishna Ballav Sahay||KBSH|
|8||Jitpur Under Construction||...|
|12||Duriya Tanr Halt||DUTR|
|15||Rakesh Bagh Halt||RHBH|
|19||Maheshpur A Cabin||MHSA|
Five passenger trains run between Madhupur Junction-Giridih Station. The train service on Madhupur Giridih Railroute started on 1871. The trains run five times daily on Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday and four times on Sunday. The Train that arrives the terminal departs with a different train number. The bogies of the express train are attached to the passenger train for movement in the Madhupur-Giridih route. The following are the trains arriving and departing from the Giridih railway station.
|S.No.||Train No.||Train Name||Source – Destination|
|1||23112||Giridih Kolkata Express||Giridih – Kolkata|
|2||23111||Danapur Express||Giridih – Danapur, Patna|
|3||83112||Danapur Giridih Express||Danapur, Patna – Giridih|
|4||13111-slip||Lal Quila Express Slip||Kolkata – Giridih|
|Sl.No.||TRAIN NO.||TRAIN NAME|
- "Railways conduct trial run on newly built track on Dhanbad Division". timesofindia. 27 March 2010. Retrieved 27 March 2010.
- Akhtar, Shahnawaz (August 20, 2009). "Ignored, Giridih station cries for care – Pilgrim spot fetches Rs 25cr for railways, but denied express trains". The Telegraph (Calcutta). Calcutta, India. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- "Colliery Sidings East Railway". Official Website of the Eastern Railway. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "List of Stations on Asansol Division". Official Website of Eastern Railway, Govt of India. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- "Giridih lauds Didi's budget – 'Madhuban link a blessing'". The Telegraph (Calcutta). Calcutta, India. July 5, 2009. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- Akhtar, Shahnawaz (May 19, 2008). "Coal mafia chokes trains". The Telegraph (Calcutta). Calcutta, India. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- "Trains to Giridih". Indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- "Trains from Giridih". Indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 31 March 2012.