Madison County High School (Alabama)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Madison County High School|
174 Brock Road
|School district||Madison County School System|
|Teaching staff||31.16 FTE|
|Student to teacher ratio||15.40|
|Color(s)||Purple and Gold|
Madison County High School is a secondary school in Gurley, Alabama, United States.
Grades K-12 were once located on the original campus in Gurley. In 1999 grades 9-12 were moved to a separate campus on Brock Road near US Highway 72. Madison County Elementary (K-8) still operates in the original location and buildings built in the 1930s. It was also eventually retired and another elementary and middle school were built.
The Madison County Tigers compete in Alabama High School Athletic Association class 4A. They field teams in baseball, basketball, cheerleading, wrestling, cross country, football, golf, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, and track and field.
State championship titles held by the school include:
- Boys basketball: 2013 (4A)
- Girls volleyball 2012 (4A)
- Boys basketball: 2007 (4A)
- Boys Outdoor Track and Field: 1997 (4A)
- Boys Indoor Track and Field: 1999 (4A-5A)
- Boys Outdoor Track and Field: 1999 (4A)
- Girls Outdoor Track and Field: 1998 (4A)
- "Madison Co High Sch". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 31, 2017.
|This Alabama school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|