Madison High School (Middletown, Ohio)
|Madison Jr./Sr. High School|
Madison Jr./Sr. High School
5797 West Alexandria Road|
(Madison Township) Middletown, (Butler County), Ohio 45042
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|Motto||"Achieving excellence one student at a time!" & "It's good to be a Mohawk!"|
|School district||Madison Local School District|
|Color(s)||Red, Black and White|
|Athletics conference||Southwestern Buckeye League|
|Sports||Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Basketball, Golf, Track & field, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Wrestling, and Marching Band|
|Rival||Preble Shawnee, Carisle Indians|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
Madison's sports teams, known as the Mohawks, participated in the Fort Ancient Valley Conference from 1979 until 1984, when the school left for the Southwestern Buckeye League's Buckeye Division, which consists of smaller schools.
On February 29, 2016, four students were injured during a shooting in the school's cafeteria. The shooter fled the scene, but was later arrested and charged as an adult with four counts of attempted murder and one count of inducing panic. On June 6, the shooter was sentenced to six years in juvenile detention. The victims' families later filed a lawsuit against him, his family, and the state, alleging that the shooter's parents entrusted him with the gun used in the shooting, and that the weapon was registered to another relative who failed to properly secure it.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2009-12-21.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on September 23, 2009. Retrieved 2009-12-21.
- "History". Fort Ancient Valley Conference. 2006-06-14. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- [dead link]
- "Two Students Shot at Madison High School in Ohio". NBC News. February 29, 2016. Retrieved July 3, 2016.
- "Possible motive revealed in Madison High School shooting". WLWT. April 29, 2016. Retrieved July 3, 2016.
- "Madison School shooter receives 6 years". WDTN. June 6, 2016. Retrieved July 3, 2016.
- "Families of Madison Jr./Sr. High School shooting victims file suit". WDTN. July 1, 2016. Retrieved July 3, 2016.
|This Butler County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|