Madison Mills, Ohio
|Madison Mills, Ohio|
|Elevation||922 ft (281 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1070830|
Madison Mills is an unincorporated community in Madison Township, Fayette County, Ohio, United States. It is located at Coordinates: , along Harrison Road (Fayette County Highway 32), between Bloomingburg and Mount Sterling.
A large gristmill called Madison Mills was built at the site in 1859. The Madison Mills Post Office was established on December 12, 1866, but was discontinued on May 31, 1942. The mail service is now sent through the Mount Sterling branch.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Madison Mills, Ohio
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '06. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2006, 80.
- Allen, Frank M. (1914). History of Fayette County, Ohio: Her People, Industries and Institutions. B. F. Bowen, Incorporated. p. 343.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Madison Mills Post Office
|This Fayette County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|