Madison Public Schools
|Madison Public Schools|
|359 Woodland Road|
Madison, NJ 07940
|Superintendent||Dr. Richard Noonan (interim)|
|Business administrator||Gary S. Lane|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||2,408 (as of 2011-12)|
|District Factor Group||I|
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "I", the second-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Average K-12 class sizes range from 19-22 students. 70% of faculty members possess advanced degrees, and all faculty members fulfilled the Highly Qualified Teacher standards established by the federal No Child Left Behind legislation. 90% of Madison High graduates annually attend institutions of higher learning. Madison High School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The district provides a comprehensive K-12 curriculum of study in language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, world languages (Spanish, French, Italian, Mandarin Chinese), music, visual and performing arts, computer sciences, health and physical education. Educationally disabled students are provided with a full continuum of educational supports. Madison High School provides students with the opportunity to participate in 18 Advanced Placement Program courses. The school's partnered with the Borough of Madison on the community-wide Rosenet computer network and K-12 students have extensive access to computer technology.
The Madison School District offers a comprehensive extracurricular program. Madison High School features 45 boys and girls athletic teams spanning 18 sports. Competing in the Suburban Division of the Northern Hills Conference, Madison High School teams have earned an ample array of conference, county, and state titles. Music students participate in orchestra, band and chorus beginning in elementary school, and numerous Madison High School music students are chosen annually to participate in regional and state select performing groups. The schools also partner with the Madison-based New Jersey Playwrights Theater to provide playwriting and drama experiences to our students.
- Elementary schools
- Central Avenue School (K-5, 484 students)
- Thomas Liss - Principal
- Kings Road School (K-5, 277)
- Kathleen Koop - Principal
- Torey J. Sabatini School (K-5, 301)
- Allison Stager - Principal
- Middle school
- Madison Junior School (6-8, 546)
- High school
- Madison High School (9-12, 800)
- Dr. Richard Noonan, Interim Superintendent
- Gary S. Lane - Business Administrator / Board Secretary
Notable district alumni include:
- Janeane Garofalo attended, but did not graduate from Madison High School.
- Neil O'Donnell, quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers, Cincinnati Bengals, and New York Jets.
- District information for Madison School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed October 19, 2014.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 19, 2014.
- Madison High School 2015 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed May 29, 2016. "Madison High School also enjoys the benefits of our sending-receiving relationship with Harding Township, a nearby K-8 school district. Students from Harding and Madison become a cohesive class in their four years together."
- School District Profile, Madison Public Schools. Accessed October 19, 2014.
- School Data for the Madison Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed October 19, 2014.
- Schools, Madison Public Schools. Accessed October 19, 2014.
- New Jersey School Directory for the Madison Public Schools, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Central Avenue School, Madison Public Schools. Accessed October 19, 2014.
- Kings Road School, Madison Public Schools. Accessed October 19, 2014.
- Torey J. Sabatini School, Madison Public Schools. Accessed October 19, 2014.
- Madison Junior School, Madison Public Schools. Accessed October 19, 2014.
- Madison High School, Madison Public Schools. Accessed October 19, 2014.
- Contact Information, Madison Public Schools. Accessed July 15, 2017.
- New Jersey School Directory for Morris County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Business Office Employees, Madison Public Schools. Accessed October 19, 2014.
- "They Got Game: Today they're all stars. But in school, they were all-stars (well, some at least). Celebrities tell us which sports they played--and whether or not they made the cut.", In Style, May 1, 2004. "JANEANE GAROFALO - I played field hockey for Madison High School in New Jersey. I wasn't good, but I didn't mind the uniforms--they were like gym bloomers with skirts."
- Minutes of Madison Borough Council meeting Archived 2006-12-03 at the Wayback Machine., held January 5, 1999.
- Madison Public Schools
- Madison Public Schools's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Madison Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics