Madison Township, Guernsey County, Ohio
|Madison Township, Guernsey County, Ohio|
Antrim United Methodist Church
Location of Madison Township in Guernsey County
|• Total||24.9 sq mi (64.6 km2)|
|• Land||24.9 sq mi (64.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||820 ft (250 m)|
|• Density||36/sq mi (14.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086185|
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Washington Township – north
- Londonderry Township – northeast
- Oxford Township – southeast
- Wills Township – south
- Jefferson Township – west
- Monroe Township – northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Madison Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Madison township, Guernsey County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- "Antrim, Ohio". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Guernsey County Schools". Old Ohio Schools.
- Sarchet, Cyrus Parkinson Beatty (1911). History of Guernsey County, Ohio, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen & Company. p. 322.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- "Madison College". Mathematical Association of America.
- Compiled by the Writer's Program of the Works Progress Administration in the State of Ohio (1940). Ohio: The Ohio Guide. Federal Writers' Project.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.