Madison Township, Morgan County, Indiana
Location in Morgan County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||27.9 sq mi (72 km2)|
|• Land||27.5 sq mi (71 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (1 km2) 1.43%|
|Elevation||732 ft (223 m)|
|• Density||353/sq mi (136/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|ZIP codes||46113, 46158|
|GNIS feature ID||453595|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 27.9 square miles (72 km2), of which 27.5 square miles (71 km2) (or 98.57%) is land and 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2) (or 1.43%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Mooresville (east edge)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Mount Olive and Silon.
Airports and landing strips
- Owen Field
- Leona Lake
- Popular Grove Lake
- Lambert Lake
- Mooresville Consolidated School Corporation
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 47
- State House District 91
- State Senate District 35
- State Senate District 37
- "Madison Township, Morgan County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.