|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Labels||True North, Ultra Records|
|Associated acts||Zoebliss, Ashley MacIsaac|
Madison Violet is a Juno-nominated Canadian music duo composed of singer-songwriters Brenley MacEachern and Lisa MacIsaac. The group has been notable for various folk and pop award nominations and wins.
MacIsaac and MacEachern first met at an artists' hangout in Toronto in the late 1990s, when MacEachern was part of the band Zoebliss. MacIsaac briefly joined that band, and the pair continued collaborating as a duo after Zoebliss broke up in 1999. The duo were originally known as Madviolet, but later changed their name to Madison Violet.
They released three albums independently in Canada, and then signed a record deal with True North Records for their fourth album, No Fool for Trying, and its follow-up The Good in Goodbye. The duo have toured extensively across Canada, Europe, the UK and Australia, and in 2013 released the live concert Come As You Are: Live which was filmed at the Kulturkirche in Cologne, Germany
In 2010, the band received a Juno nomination for Roots/Traditional album of the Year for No Fool For Trying. They were also awarded Song of the Year in the 2010 John Lennon Songwriting Contest for The Ransom, and in January 2011, Madison Violet was nominated for the 10th Annual Independent Music Awards in the Singer-Songwriter category for No Fool for Trying, and won in the category for Folk/Singer-Songwriter Song for The Ransom and Small of My Heart.
After completing their contract with True North Records the band spent most of 2014 recording the followup to The Good in Goodbye. Experimenting with more pop, electronic and synth-based sounds the band signed a worldwide deal with Ultra Records to release the single These Ships (Matt James Remix) on September 11. The new album, titled The Year of the Horse is slated for release in 2016.
- Mad Violet (2002)
- Worry the Jury (2004)
- Caravan (2006)
- No Fool for Trying (2009)
- The Good in Goodbye (2011)
- Come As You Are: Live (2013)
- The Year of the Horse (2016)
- The Knight Sessions (2017)
- Light it Up (2004)
- Wake Up (2005)
- Crying (2009)
- These Ships (Matt James Remix) (2015)
- We Are Famous (2017)
- 2005 ECMA nomination (Best New Artist)
- 2005 ECMA nomination (Pop Recording of the Year / Worry The Jury)
- 2007 ECMA nomination (Group Recording of the Year / Caravan)
- 2008 ECMA nomination (Folk Recording of the Year / Caravan)
- 2008 Canadian Folk Music Award nomination (Best Vocal Group)
- 2009 Canadian Folk Award - (Best Vocal Group)
- 2010 Juno Awards Nomination (Roots/Traditional Album of the Year)
- 2010 Maxell Song of the Year "The Ransom" - John Lennon Songwriting Competition
- 2011 Independent Music Awards Folk/Singer-songwriter Song of the year for "The Random and Small of My Heart"
- "Musical duo: Brenley MacEachern and Lisa MacIsaac". Xtra!, June 5, 2008.
- "Rockin' The Blues From Canada"
- Madison Violet
- 2005 East Coast Music Awards Nominees : Soul Shine Magazine
- Paquin Entertainment Agency Newsletter: January 2008 Archived 2009-08-12 at the Wayback Machine.
- Ottawa Citizen, November 22, 2009.
2009 John Lennon Song Writing Contest ("The Ransom") http://www.jlsc.com/winners/2009b/winners.php
2013 ECMA nomination (Group Recording of the Year / The Good in Goodbye) http://www.ecma.com/news/2013-east-coast-music-award-nominees-and-more-announced